International Geocoin Hall of Fame.

Team JSAM

I have added a new section to my website called "Hall of Fame" I thought it would be fun to list the top 10 most traveled geocoins in the world. Obviously it would be very hard for me to stumble across coins and add them to the list so your help is needed. If you know of a geocoin that has achieved more mileage than any of the coins on my list please post them here or email me. Please make sure to include the "TB" number that is on every coin page so that I can update my list and add a link.

Geocoin Hall of Fame

Thanks,

Jake

Do you need some "fine print" in the conditions here?

I assume it wouldn't count if the owner had "dipped" the geocoin into an unvisited cache - for example I did this with my Frozen Bone coin which "visited" the South Pole before it went to England. :)

My geocoin with the highest mileage (15178) is my Balla and Silly geocoin (TBRRTA), but it isn't likely to be adding to this.

It went safely from Australia to England and to the US - where someone unknown decided they'd keep it. :)

Though I'm sure there are lots out there still travelling with higher mileages. :blink:

I think it would be interesting to have a sub-category of "highest mileage without having left the continent it started on".

TB13K9B

TB147QE

TB1687V

TB166TK

Thanks, updated!

I assume it wouldn't count if the owner had "dipped" the geocoin into an unvisited cache - for example I did this with my Frozen Bone coin which "visited" the South Pole before it went to England. :)

My geocoin with the highest mileage (15178) is my Balla and Silly geocoin (TBRRTA), but it isn't likely to be adding to this.

It went safely from Australia to England and to the US - where someone unknown decided they'd keep it. :)

Though I'm sure there are lots out there still travelling with higher mileages. :blink:

I think it would be interesting to have a sub-category of "highest mileage without having left the continent it started on".

For right now I am just going based on mileage it would be hard to check each coin to make sure. I may change it a bit or add sub categorys later on but for now I am just going to stick with mileage.

I would however like to add some other categories like oldest geocoin still roaming free, most logs posted, Geocachers that have set the most coins free and have like a top 5 for each.

Edited by Team Jsam

I would also think that a "personal caching" coin (i.e. one which the owner keeps as a personal record of all caching done) would be prohibited as well. We have one of these which has traveled a lot farther than any of our others. In fact, if we had one that was logged into every cache that we've visited, it would have a couple of hundred thousand miles on it, as we've cached in Europe.

Why would you log a coin into a cache that you have not been to? Along that line why not just spend the day logging your coin in every cache there is? :blink:

I assume it wouldn't count if the owner had "dipped" the geocoin into an unvisited cache - for example I did this with my Frozen Bone coin which "visited" the South Pole before it went to England. ;)

Why would you log a coin into a cache that you have not been to? Along that line why not just spend the day logging your coin in every cache there is? :huh:

Lighten up, please! :(

I did it for the heck of it and I was far from being the first or last to do this at the "South Pole" cache.

It was a "Frozen Bone" geocoin for heaven's sake! :surprise:

I actually have close to zero interest in how far my geocoins or TBs have travelled - I just like them to keep moving.

I just wanted to contribute what I thought were useful comments to this thread.

Given this reaction I'll just go away and hide. :)

We released this USA Geocoin on April 16 2004 and it's still on the move with 16,973 miles.

The name of the coin is USA-Mrs.Cazs Geocoin #1 TBGAEM. :(

cazray and Mrs.Caz

The USA-Mrs.Caz Geocoin #1 TBGAEM just made a trip from its cache in California to a new

cache in North Carolina for a new mileage total of 19,138. :wub:

Edited by cazray and Mrs.caz