Champoeg Camp Out '07

Shop99er

Alright... I've been wooed to the wilds of the Champoeg Camp Out next year. Not only that but we are new campers as well!!

So, being new to the silliness that is Champoeg... and having not camped since I was about 8.... clue me in. What can I expect? What should I bring?

We are experts at overpacking so what have you taken and never used? What would you not leave home without?

Bring aspirin for your hangover. :):blink:

Champoeg 2007 Website

You might try Milo Mciver it looks like the closest place to camp. Also if you want to come you might post to the forum on the website. The sites can hold up to 8 people and you might be able to double up with somone that is already going.

Sheesh... if a group of people want to find a nearby site to camp, let me know as we are interested in this as well.

cheers,

Poppa J

I'd love to help but our camp site as well as MicroBusGeeks next door is full.

You might try emailing the campers directly and ask if you can squat on their plot. The forums at the Champoeg web site has the map with cachers names on it.

Never hurts to ask. The worst they can say is 'NO'.

As its been mentioned before, you can ask attendees if they have extra room. We are friendly folks.

And to further fuel the fire.. this years activities will be ...epic.. :surprise:

Sorry, I cant tell you what they are.. but I am sure you wont be dissappointed

Muahahaha..

As its been mentioned before, you can ask attendees if they have extra room. We are friendly folks.

And to further fuel the fire.. this years activities will be ...epic.. :huh:

Sorry, I cant tell you what they are.. but I am sure you wont be dissappointed

Muahahaha..

Be afraid, be very afraid. :surprise:

Seriously, post over in the Champoeg forum that you are interested in a spot or sharing with someone. We offered up a spot in our site last year to some people we hadn't met before. This year we don't have extra room yet. But if we do, we'll check the forums to see who's looking for a spot.

This looks like it will be fun place to be. I will be in the area enjoying a week long geocaching vacation. Would it be a problem if an out of state cacher like myself stopped in to visit?

Chris-Team Shydog

Oh my gosh Chris you gotta try and make it to that event! We attended in 2004...what a hoot, off the hook fun for sure. The folks that put that event on are top notch awesome folks and so are the cachers in OR (that I've meet in person). It is a must attend event in my book.

Pepper

Would it be a problem if an out of state cacher like myself stopped in to visit?
Only if you don't bring enough aspirin.

Not to scare off the non-imbibers. I live in the neighborhood and "day camp" at Champoeg, attending in the day ($3 park admission per vehicle) and going home at night. I enjoy the organized events, the potluck lunch, and the CITO projects and skip the adult beverages. Great fun, good people.

Would it be a problem if an out of state cacher like myself stopped in to visit?
Only if you don't bring enough aspirin.

Not to scare off the non-imbibers. I live in the neighborhood and "day camp" at Champoeg, attending in the day ($3 park admission per vehicle) and going home at night. I enjoy the organized events, the potluck lunch, and the CITO projects and skip the adult beverages. Great fun, good people.

I have to agree plenty to do without having to worry about the morning after. I have camped every year since 2003 and have enjoyed it. There are great events that all can participate in, kids included. Lots of cacher interaction. And if your into disk golf the campground has a great course.

You might try Milo Mciver it looks like the closest place to camp. Also if you want to come you might post to the forum on the website. The sites can hold up to 8 people and you might be able to double up with somone that is already going.

Silver Falls State Park is another alternative which actually might be more convenient than Milo Mc Iver.

Cheers!

egli

Turnout was a little low this year for a few reasons, but we'll be doing what we can to fix that for next year :laughing:

We are already planning it... I haven't had a day off from Champoeg yet! heheh

Thanks to all who came! Please share your pictures and videos over at the forums on champoeg.com. We have a topic for just such a thing...

If I want more people at Champoeg next year, I think I better start hanging out here again :anibad:

-fractal

Edited by fractal

OMG!!! They're right... you can't understand it until you experience it. It is a riot!

Even as Champoeg newbies and out of staters we were welcomed in with open arms by everyone. I don't know when we've had so much fun or met so many great people. Not a bad apple in the bunch.

If you miss this...you miss THE event of the year in the area.

Here is a small batch of photographs from Champoeg. This is JUST around our camp and it's just a teensy weensy idea of what sort of silliness went on there.

Click HERE to see our pictures.

More picture links from other people are at the champoeg.com forums. You simply MUST click the link to the YouTube photo booth pictures.

Here is a small batch of photographs from Champoeg. This is JUST around our camp and it's just a teensy weensy idea of what sort of silliness went on there.

Click HERE to see our pictures.

More picture links from other people are at the champoeg.com forums. You simply MUST click the link to the YouTube photo booth pictures.

<_< Still bummed we missed the fun :o