Calling all Jeeps!

Jeepstr

Sweet! A Jeep thread!!!! :o

Hi there! We're "Jeepiiess". My boyfriend and I started geocaching last year, and while we haven't found a TON, we're just starting to get back into it and attended our first event last weekend. We both drive TJ's, mine's a 98 automatic, his is an 02 manual.

Gonna try the pic thing, let's see if this works!

His:

100_1562.jpg<br>

DSCN1420.jpg<br>

FILE0101.jpg

Mine:

100_1629.jpg<br>

FILE0089.jpg<br>

More pics to come! Don't have many at work :laughing:

Nice PICS! Moab.

87aee11d-0da2-4884-9c39-ff0b30a2320b.jpg

Team Red Rubicon

If you are inclined on August 8th, there is a 4x4 event (3rd annual) here in Colorado.

ac54ba57-3b32-4783-92be-744f1103837a.jpg

Mountain Fiesta and 4x4 Caching Adventure

Cachin, campin and wheelin.

If you are inclined on August 8th, there is a 4x4 event (3rd annual) here in Colorado.

That sounds like fun, but not sure we'd be able to to find the time this year, maybe next!

That was my first trip to Moab, his second. We went a year ago (April) after Easter Jeep Weekend.

Jeeps? Those aren't real Jeeps. This is a real Jeep.

1947 Willys CJ2A. All original except for the seats and converted to 12V. Engine, the original flathead GoDevil, has never been apart and doesn't use a drop of oil.

47willys1.jpg

WC,

When I was a teen my Pop bought one of those old surplus Jeeps and a Willys truck. Both were simple, tough and fun. 50mph max on the highway, but they'd go anywhere in the woods. Wish I still had them. Glad to see you still have one to play in.

My new Geo Jeep, to replace my old Liberty. A 2007 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.8crd auto. No mods done to it yet, but planning on fitting a 2" lift and perhaps a spare set of wheels and 33" mud tyres. I also want to replace the euro 'armchair' bumper with a winch bumper. I still have my modded TJ to play with.

JK800.jpg

Well, I cannot seem to be able to post the picture but if you look really close to my avatar you will see it. 1998 Jeep TJ (that means Wrangler for those not jeeping inclined) with a 4" rubicon Express lift on it. 15"x10" procomp mud terrain tires street locker rims custom rear bumper ( this is a work in progress) Tell about your Jeep here!

It's A Jeep Thing! Cache series in NW Arizona; open the cache page, then open the map, zoom out to see the Geo Art.

Rubicon http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=3996321c-910f-4e33-b277-f829accb3a87

Gary

bedstefader skjule

Thanks to mooncat I was able to find this thread. Here's my Jeep:

1997 TJ

35" Cooper STT

5.5" FabTech lift w/RE springs

4.56 gears

ARB lockers

Custom fabbed bumpers and sliders by me :)

Ramsey 8000 winch

4:1 transfer case

Black TJ with another member of military jeepers behind me in South Dakota

104_0150.jpg

On the trail that led to Iceman Cometh

DSC_0105.jpg

ld2.jpg

ld1.jpg

On the way back from "Redbarn overlook"

FallColorsFlexy.jpg

Yards from "A View of Wall Drug"

Cache1.jpg

My rig flying the colors on Memorial Day

Flag1.jpg

There are some awesome rigs here! I was doing a search on Handheld GPSr's for Jeeping and Caching and got hooked. I need to get some pics of our 1999 TJ on here soon! I dont want to hijack a post but what kind of handheld GPS are you all using for caching? Does it work well for the trails also? I will be purchasing a new one but want one that is trail and cache friendly! A PM is fine so the thread isnt overwhelmed with an Off Topic question. Thanks in Advance, Mike!

40880649-640.jpg

Not mine but mine looks a lot like it. '94 Cherokee Sport but unfortunately not a 4x4. She doesn't quite look as new though - orange and blue duct tape cover randomly distributed rust holes (Go Gators). Glad to see how many cachers are jeep drivers.

Well, can't figure out how to upload a picture. Why can't geocaching.com make it as simple as copy and paste? Tried both photobuck and imageshack, and got the warning that neither site could be used to upload pix. What BS.

Edited by GrateBear

Well, can't figure out how to upload a picture. Why can't geocaching.com make it as simple as copy and paste? Tried both photobuck and imageshack, and got the warning that neither site could be used to upload pix. What BS.

An easy way to do it is to just upload the photo to one of your cache pages. I use one of my archived caches for this. Then open the picture in it's own window, copy the url, then paste it in the insert image box here.

Here's one of our 94 XJ getting some assist. :laughing:

b900dfe1-2d5c-4125-ae8c-1a8bfb9e6033.jpg

Edited by Mudfrog