Calling all Jeeps!

Jeepstr

1176704011_859755df12.jpg

Here's ours. '99, 4.5" lift with custom saggy rear springs, 33 x 12.5's, body damage by former owner. Shot taken after a maintenance run on my "Floodings" cache

GCP4EC

Nice XJ, our 95 bit the dust about a week ago.

We called it The Beater, 167K and still kicking(was).

Looking for another XJ for a work/caching vehicle.

Love the I-6!!!

IMG_0425.jpg

Granted, this is a post from July 2007, but...chains as a recovery 'strap' = incredibly bad juju. I know of a guy in 2004 who was doing a recovery in AZ with a hook instead of a loop at the end of a strap. It slipped just as he turned around in the driver seat and the strap was at full extension. He was killed instantly when the hook buried itself in his forehead. Besides vehicle body damage, a chain that slips/breaks could cut a body in half. I wouldn't rely on weights to hold it down either in that instance.

There are static and dynamic straps. You're probably more accustomed with 'recovery' straps (dynamic, stretchy). Using a chain or clevis at the end of a static strap is common practice. Judging someone from a pic of a chain on a front bumper is bad juju too.

Where in AZ did the accident with your friend happen?

Edited by cataclysmcow

Out in the Hungry Valley - I Jeep-o-cache there when I can. I have gotten most of the caches, I'm ready to head back and finish getting them all.

Mostly stock Cherokee - I am adding a lift soon - I admit to being a softy. I like having electric windows, AC and a good stereo. I guess I enjoy the caching more than extreme jeeping, so this rig works just fine for me.

IMG_0101.jpg

Thanks Zoltig,

We also have a 95 YJ that I let our sone beat up on a daily basis. He likes coming caching when there is offroading avavilable to get them.

Another subject.

2004 YJ - Anyone use Coil Spring Spaces??? I wanna lift it up just a bit for some beafier tires but don't wanna go crazy with since this is the daily driver.

76-Cj7

Me and the Cache Machine. I keep the SWAG in a SKIL tools bag in the back w/ a case of water and a bunch of odd trinkets. She's a pretty stock JK w/ a few small mods. Sahara Tires and Wheels, KC Slimlites, Grab Handles, Slush Mats, and Smittybuilt steps. I love geeting close to caches in this thing that other cars wouldnt even dream of.

down_the_hills.JPG

Calling all Jeepers. I am looking for a navigator in a geocache -off-road rally in Reno Nevada September 25th thru the 28th. Actual event is Friday the 26th and Saturday the 27th. Awards Sunday the 28th. It is a cross between the old Camel Trophy event and geocaching. I had a navigator but due to work he is now not able to make it.

By the way Land Rovers have won this event for way too many years. Time for Jeep to shine. Please contact me if interested.

On a side note I can use a second team -- a driver, Jeep and navigator.

Greg

gkart65@yahoo.com

Edited by gkart65

Calling all Jeepers. I am looking for a navigator in a geocache -off-road rally in Reno Nevada September 25th thru the 28th. Actual event is Friday the 26th and Saturday the 27th. Awards Sunday the 28th. It is a cross between the old Camel Trophy event and geocaching. I had a navigator but due to work he is now not able to make it.

By the way Land Rovers have won this event for way too many years. Time for Jeep to shine. Please contact me if interested.

Greg

gkart65@yahoo.com

I would be all in on this one except I'm in Washington. Can you send me the link for the event please as I have beem pondering the idea of setting something like this up. Would really appreciate this. Thanks and good luck finding a co-pilot.

Greg

gkart65@yahoo.com

I would be all in on this one except I'm in Washington. Can you send me the link for the event please as I have beem pondering the idea of setting something like this up. Would really appreciate this. Thanks and good luck finding a co-pilot.

I have found a co-pilot for the event, make reservations and everything. Then the bad news. The event organizers were setting up a part of the course on dirt bikes and twisted and then broke his foot, require surgery. Another worker hurt his back and is pinching his spinal cord. Two out so they are moving the event to April or March 09.

We will need another Jeep team at that time for all interested.

Greg

What, no WK love around here? I guess I will have to take a few snapshots of my '06 GC.

Should have gotten some shot here 2 weeks ago, got into some nice wheelin territory, first time with the new rig out, and I must say for as refined as the new Grand Cherokee's are, it still behaves like a jeep when the trail gets tough.

Even had 3 passengers reachin for the holy $h|+ handles :cry: I was like, don't worry, its a jeep! :ph34r:

When you're in Colorado, try RM ORS #10.

This will take you to Holy Cross City.

We got your Jeeps right here!

Yes, that trail will test your equipment for sure. Here is a pic from RM ORS #10-3: French Creek Crossing

2bb6d0fe-1583-4b1c-acf0-ea142dd0e1c5.jpg

Those tires look way too shiny! didn't someone tell him puttin the armor all on the tires makes them slippery :D

Well those tires are shiny because to get to where he is at, you have to cross French Creek. The water on this trip was running 1.5 to 2 feet deep. The challenge then is to get those wet tires on the large rocks.

What is the obvious difference in this picture and the one above?

100_4745.jpg

:rolleyes::):D

I know, it just reminded me of a time a newb came out wheelin, got his pavement-pounder all pretty and such, in the cleaning process he used some special tire cleaner on his rig, it made the tires slicker than snot, and was spinning non stop until he wore most of it off.

I've been out of touch with Geo Jeeping for awhile as a searcher, but still maintain 2 caches in SW Manitoba. I started Geo Jeeping in an 04 Liberty (the wife's) and then moved into an 05 Rubicon, new in 05. Here is a couple shots of our Jeeps...

The former 04 Liberty now replaced w/ a *cough* Dodge Grand Caravan *cough*...

M101-Libby.jpg

My Rubi...

wjarun034.jpg

RailRunNov208031.jpg

My passenger is Teddy the Jeep Dog. He's a 15/mo old White Golden Retriever.

Incedently, if any of you are heading towards the area of the International Peace Gardens (North Dakota/Manitoba) that's my territory, drop me a PM and maybe we can meet up and do some Geo Jeeping and/or perhaps run some of the local trails.

Edited by Prairie Jeepin

Well, I cannot seem to be able to post the picture but if you look really close to my avatar you will see it. 1998 Jeep TJ (that means Wrangler for those not jeeping inclined) with a 4" rubicon Express lift on it. 15"x10" procomp mud terrain tires street locker rims custom rear bumper ( this is a work in progress) Tell about your Jeep here!

We have two Jeeps in our family, three if we count "Jeep" the Airedale. Eeyore is a 64 CJ 5 we have used to get us to caches in the Black Hills. He has manual saganaw steering, dual master cylinder and 11" brakes, 31x10.5x15 tires, 2" lift and a GM one wire alternator.

Tigger is an '01 Wrangler Sport. We have added an 8,ooo# winch, 31x 10.5x15 tires, Rancho shocks and Quicker Disconect on the antisway bar. Tigger has taken us to caches in most states west of the Mississippy and two Canadian Provinces.

Sweet! A Jeep thread!!!! :o

Hi there! We're "Jeepiiess". My boyfriend and I started geocaching last year, and while we haven't found a TON, we're just starting to get back into it and attended our first event last weekend. We both drive TJ's, mine's a 98 automatic, his is an 02 manual.

Gonna try the pic thing, let's see if this works!

His:

100_1562.jpg<br>

DSCN1420.jpg<br>

FILE0101.jpg

Mine:

100_1629.jpg<br>

FILE0089.jpg<br>

More pics to come! Don't have many at work :laughing:

Sweet! A Jeep thread!!!! :o

Hi there! We're "Jeepiiess". My boyfriend and I started geocaching last year, and while we haven't found a TON, we're just starting to get back into it and attended our first event last weekend. We both drive TJ's, mine's a 98 automatic, his is an 02 manual.

Gonna try the pic thing, let's see if this works!

His:

100_1562.jpg<br>

DSCN1420.jpg<br>

FILE0101.jpg

Mine:

100_1629.jpg<br>

FILE0089.jpg<br>

More pics to come! Don't have many at work :laughing:

Nice PICS! Moab.

87aee11d-0da2-4884-9c39-ff0b30a2320b.jpg

Team Red Rubicon

If you are inclined on August 8th, there is a 4x4 event (3rd annual) here in Colorado.

ac54ba57-3b32-4783-92be-744f1103837a.jpg

Mountain Fiesta and 4x4 Caching Adventure

Cachin, campin and wheelin.