Calling all Jeeps!

Jeepstr

Well... someone's gotta represent the new JK Unlimited! She's only a few months old and still bone stock... but the new diff covers are going on this weekend and, hopefully, she'll be seeing some new rock rails and bigger meats within the next couple of months!

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

I was looking at those on the internet. How do they do 4-wheeling because the longer wheel base wouldn;t seem to help much. :lol:

I was looking at those on the internet. How do they do 4-wheeling because the longer wheel base wouldn;t seem to help much. :laughing:

Hey Jeepstr! Yeah, the longer wheelbase definitely makes it a different animal-- but that doesn't mean it can't handle anything that comes it's way. Check out this thread (and make sure to scroll down past the shots of the Rubi and check out the Sahara with open diffs), if you want an idea of what the JK Unlimiteds are capable of... if you know how to wheel and you slap a good lift and a good set of meats on these babies, there will be very few places you won't be able to go :blink:

For the type of wheeling I do, the JK has been awesome-- and with a few mods it will only get better! Check out the pics from our last run! :huh:

I was looking at those on the internet. How do they do 4-wheeling because the longer wheel base wouldn;t seem to help much. :ph34r:

Hey Jeepstr! Yeah, the longer wheelbase definitely makes it a different animal-- but that doesn't mean it can't handle anything that comes it's way. Check out this thread (and make sure to scroll down past the shots of the Rubi and check out the Sahara with open diffs), if you want an idea of what the JK Unlimiteds are capable of... if you know how to wheel and you slap a good lift and a good set of meats on these babies, there will be very few places you won't be able to go :D

For the type of wheeling I do, the JK has been awesome-- and with a few mods it will only get better! Check out the pics from our last run! :P

Yeah I suppose your right I was told that the longer wheelbase will help you when rock climbing B)

There is a rumor that those might see a Diesel motor. They seat 5 which is good when you have 5 in your family. Kick in a Rubicon version (or the upgrades under another moniker) and it would be hard to beat if you wanted something that does that job and is new.

According to some, we may see them in the U.S. as early as next year :) of course, who knows.... don't think we'd trade ours in any time soon-- but maybe switch the wife's Scion out for a 2-door JK Diesel and convert it to bio :yikes:<_<

An Element and a Liberty are in total different classes of vehicles. A Liberty can actually get you up the mountain, not just to the parking lot at the base. :huh: With that said, the Element is a great vehicle is it's own right though. Very versatile and "It's a Honda." If you don't need the offroad capabilities, an Element is a good choice. I can see why you cross shopped it.

I have a 2007 Liberty Sport 4x4 with the offroad and towing packages and am 1 week from putting on a 2.5" Rusty's Offroad Coil lift on it with 31" Grabber AT2s. Rockrails are coming soon after that. I'll post some pictures once everything is installed. I have had my Libby up some really knarly trails in stock form (looking for a cache, of course) and other than some scraping on the skids due to the limited clearance, it did very well. Can't wait for the lift and better tires!

This is my geo caching ride, gets me to all my cache's safley!

2005 Jeep Rubicon, 7in Rock Krawler Long arm with High Clearance arms, 37" Irok Radials, Currie Anti Rock, Hanson front Bumper with Warn 9500 ti winch with syntetic line, Dana 44 Front and rear with Alloy USA Chomoly shafts front and rear, Arb Air Lockers front and rear, Arb Snorkel, A bunch of other gagets and custom doodads,

Flexy.jpg

Pits.jpg

P1010104.jpg

P1010045.jpg

P1010034_1.jpg

P1010010_1-1.jpg

P1010041-3.jpg

P1010017-6.jpg

P1010006-2.jpg

post-3-1160975682.jpg

Just found this thread today! Only have a stock pic of it, the day after I bought her new (06 Wrangler, I was heartbroken after seeling my '95, and had to get another one!):

DSCN0147.jpg

Sincs I've bought her, I have 31" tires, a 2" lift, 55w ProComp offroad lights, and am picking up a bumper with my tax returns. Next, a winch!

Here's my Jeep in between caches Saturday. Fairly stock except for the small lift and a Detroit Locker in the rear. Definitely gets me where I want to go. I was caching over in California during the weekend. Since I live in the Nevada high desert I'm wasn't sure what all the green stuff was. I was told it was something called trees :D

98954f88-b254-4fea-9f14-25b1a32ff79f.jpg

Oh, finally, other Jee-ocachers!! We are a tight family aren't we. Here's my bute. She's the Patriot. After being involved in a riot years ago,(notice the red doors and all new glass), my buddy bought it for $70 dollars lifted it and then sold it to me last year for a $1000. It hasn't changed since I bought it, except the custom pinstriping. Keep on keeping on!"C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\jeep\DSC00056.JPG"

Edited by JEEOCASHER

Finally got pics of my Liberty. Sorry they are not kewl axshun photos but I haven't had the chance to take any on-trail photos since I put on the lift 2 weeks ago. I'm taking it down to Sedona really soon. I should be able to get some nice photos on the Broken Arrow trail.

In the meantime...

frontlow2.jpg

frontside2.jpgbackside2.jpg

Scoobybri

Edited by scoobybri

Well I am going to show Steel City Babes #8 and #3 jeeps respectively, they are all stock.... :D but they get the job done.

Looking at the date on the picture will also show that it was the date of our very first Geocache.....

6/24/2006, check our profile.

DSC01055.jpg

Below is Babe #3 first attempt at 4 wheeling....I didn't work out to well.... :D she would kill me if she knew I posted this:

DSC00025.jpg

See we call her PIPA (Put ItIn Park A**), however there was only a scratch on the passenger door when it "first" went over the hill, then the tow truck came to tow it out and they had a slight problem.....The cable snapped while towing it out and it went over again this time hitting the tree dead on as seen in the picture.

You gotta love jeeps, they take a beating and keep on ticking.

My initial baby was a brand new 2000 Wrangler that I sold to get my 05', I miss "Jester the Jeep." I am looking for a picture of my wrangler it had many extras and was sweet ride. I got T-boned on the driver's side (a month after #3's went over the hill) and walked away with a bruised shoulder...Tough Bird...go figure another Jeep was the culprit. Got Jester fixed right up and kept him for another 1 1/2.

Anyways thought I would share.

Steel City Babes :DB)

Here is our 2006 TJ Unlimited Rubicon during a great day out caching, sorry, no action shots yet,

The one in our avi was one we rented on the Outerbanks last year, we won't have to rent this year :blink:

IM000301.jpg

We loved our new Jeep so much 3 months later we went out and bought a 2006 Commander for me, I would have loved another Wrangler but our family needs at least one vehicle that holds 6-7 people and some cargo. Hubby hasn't let me take the Commander out caching yet :blink:

DSC_0072.JPG

My Jeep... 95 YJ (the real Wranglers, hehe)... Running AtoZ Front and Rear Bumpers and AtoZ rocker guards... 31's, a Tabor 9K winch, and some other misc stuff... A 4.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty lift is coming next (along with an 8.8 rear, 4-banger front (just for 4.11 gears) so I can run 33's or 35's...

90' XJ Dana 44 rear 4.88's and a detroit, front Dana 30 4.88's with a lock rite (just waiting for it to break) 35's Xterrains. RE 5.5" lift, HDPE rocker floor guards, 20lb C02 tank, enough spare parts to replace almost anything.

Waiting on my 9500 lb winch to arrive.

Daily Driver, boy the police love me sometimes. :anitongue:

normal_IMG_0097.jpg

2005 Rubicon Unlimited, 6" Full traction long arm lift, Fox Pro Series Resivor Shocks, 35x12.5 Goodyear MTR's, Currie steering linkage, TeraFlex sway bar system, 4:88 gears, Garvin Wilderness front and rear bumpers, Garvin Wilderness spare tire carrier and Jerry can rack.

45be8daa-4541-40ce-ac5d-e12b5c4a2373.jpg

Edited by Glamis Bandits

90' XJ Dana 44 rear 4.88's and a detroit, front Dana 30 4.88's with a lock rite (just waiting for it to break) 35's Xterrains. RE 5.5" lift, HDPE rocker floor guards, 20lb C02 tank, enough spare parts to replace almost anything.

Waiting on my 9500 lb winch to arrive.

Daily Driver, boy the police love me sometimes. :)

normal_IMG_0097.jpg

THAT LOOKS FUN! :)

Here is the ProvenOnes FamilyFunMobile:

provenonesjeep.jpg

It's a horribly stock 2004 right now, but I've got a Warn M8000 winch I just bought that needs to be installed, and I'll be doing a 2.5" lift, some rocker guards, a bunch of skid plates, and some 31 x 10.5 MTRs when the stock tires get wore down. It just takes a while to do it all when we're only using spare money when it comes along.

What the picture fails to show is that it is horribly scratched from pushing though skinny, manzanita brimming, Jeep roads in the Plumas National Forest (where the above picture was taken.)

Tim (aka Daddy ProvenOnes)