The Must Find Caches Near Chicago?

ATHF

People have a thing for doing a Bob run. I'm sure someone will mention it shortly. Basically a series of ~99 very easy park-n-grab caches used primarily to get over 100 caches in a day.

sounds like the opposite of what I asked for

Not really. While the caches themselves are nothing to write home about, some of the areas and sights you see while doing them can be pretty amazing and without having a specific reason for being in the area, you would never see them..

People have a thing for doing a Bob run. I'm sure someone will mention it shortly. Basically a series of ~99 very easy park-n-grab caches used primarily to get over 100 caches in a day.

sounds like the opposite of what I asked for

Not really. While the caches themselves are nothing to write home about, some of the areas and sights you see while doing them can be pretty amazing and without having a specific reason for being in the area, you would never see them..

The entire BoB series is disabled now anyway...

Well, there is always Beverly (GC28) in Hoffman Estates. One of the oldest caches in the world.

Wow one of the oldest in the world?

When did caching start, this one dates back to 2000

what THE oldest?

There's a thread on the GONIL board here listing some favorite caches...

Cool I will check that out

I want to find some interesting caches, but sifting through thousands of listings is getting daunting.

What are the best caches near chicago?

Looking for the best of the best!

What kind of caches are you looking for?

There are a lot of uninteresting micros around here, as to be expected, and I am looking to find something more interesting.

Great locations, great caches, great terrain, etc

Just was wondering what caches people really like around here. Even if they are 50 miles away

Edited by ATHF

There are a lot of uninteresting micros around here, as to be expected, and I am looking to find something more interesting.

Great locations, great caches, great terrain, etc

Just was wondering what caches people really like around here. Even if they are 50 miles away

Might want to check out some caches by TheMachine:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.asp...&submit4=Go

or Doctor J.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.asp...&submit4=Go

Check out some of their 3/3s and above. I've done a few so far and been very happy. Looking forward to more.

Edit:

They are around Aurora/St. Charles area.

Edited by altruist

I made a trip up there for a BoB run a few weeks ago. Upon arrival they were suddenly all disabled with a note saying any logs would be deleted. :laughing::tired:<_<