OlDeSt CaChEr

FlagFinder

i must also add to this who were the original cacher you know the first ones and what is the origanal cache? is it still there? and whats its name?

The history of geocaching can be found here:

http://www.geocaching.com/about/history.aspx

Dave Ulmer hid the first cache. Mike Teague found it first. It is no longer there, but a plaque is in that location commemorating the event. The original geocache had no name.

The oldest cacher that I've been on contact with was 90+ at the time. He loved the activity as it got him in shape. It's been several years since he posted in the forums.

People are like cars. After a point, it's not the age, it's the condition. I've seen decrepid 50 year olds and spry 80 year olds.

Edited by Renegade Knight

My friend Charlie is just shy of 90. Ummmm, I think. :huh:

He's not super active online because he doesn't own a computer, but he shows up at events every now and then. I often see him in the local park where several of my caches are hidden. Fun guy. Never seen him without a cup of coffee in his hand..... EVER. :cry:

My mom (MommaFrog) will be 83 in January. She found her first caches just days before her 80th. She hasn't logged a single one online.

Edited by Snoogans