So who got one of the "A Pair of Nickels Coins" from Hogwild

TheCollector

I tried getting on the order page right after 5:00pm PST but they were not available yet...What time did that un-lock?

Jaybee, they opened at about 8:20 EST, I was lucky enough to be in as I was waiting , also ordered the North America, surprise have not been buying many coins these days , but this was a exception . Glenn

Edited by glennk721

Uhh,

Not a good idea to put a order in for 2 of these coins.. they were restricted to 1 per customer & you must activate them before you will recieve them.

Now if you mean you ordered 1 set of coins & 1 gift thats different.

This is one I am going to set free, probably overseas somewhere so more places can see geocoins then just the USA. :laughing:

Diane

whos geocoins are yearning to be free & travel overseas, even if their owner cant currently.

Indeed, I was checking my mail, and about 1/2 hour before the sale went on, here came the announcement. Finally, the witching hour arrived, and couldn't log on. Waited about 15 minutes, refreshing the page all along, and finally wrote to Steve. Just after I sent the message, the coins became available, about 15 after 6 (MST). I got it, the present, and bit for the roma coin too.

I got a message a little later that he had a dentist appointment, and got back late, that's why it didn't open up right at 5:00 PST.

Indeed, I was checking my mail, and about 1/2 hour before the sale went on, here came the announcement. Finally, the witching hour arrived, and couldn't log on. Waited about 15 minutes, refreshing the page all along, and finally wrote to Steve. Just after I sent the message, the coins became available, about 15 after 6 (MST). I got it, the present, and bit for the roma coin too.

I got a message a little later that he had a dentist appointment, and got back late, that's why it didn't open up right at 5:00 PST.

LOL - we got the message too about the dentist. :D And I had done some serious re-arranging to be here at 7:00 (our time)to order the coin. But I never got the coin because I only had a 15 minute window from 7 till 7:15. Last refresh and they still were not up. They must have gone live after I had to race out to go get my daughter. Oh well - let that be the worst thing that happens. C'est la vie! Hope all who got them enjoy them fully. They looked really nice! :laughing:

Edited by GPX Navigators

:D:laughing::D

Thanks everyone! I got mine in the mail today & I love them! Jamie at Madhattersneverland did an awesome job of reading my mind to get these into a design that we could use for the coin! I couldn't have done it without his help. Then, Steve at Hogwildstuff, what can I say, THANK YOU!! He's doing all the work of getting these out there for me.

OK, now it's up to y'all (yea I'm from GA) to get those coins out there! I made it so you can keep 1 & have 1 to release. That's the way I like to do it. So, that's the way I did it for you. Have fun & be safe out there! Tom & Sandy Nickell (CachingCoins) or a pair of Nickells

:D:laughing::D

Thanks everyone! I got mine in the mail today & I love them! Jamie at Madhattersneverland did an awesome job of reading my mind to get these into a design that we could use for the coin! I couldn't have done it without his help. Then, Steve at Hogwildstuff, what can I say, THANK YOU!! He's doing all the work of getting these out there for me.

OK, now it's up to y'all (yea I'm from GA) to get those coins out there! I made it so you can keep 1 & have 1 to release. That's the way I like to do it. So, that's the way I did it for you. Have fun & be safe out there! Tom & Sandy Nickell (CachingCoins) or a pair of Nickells

so your the who had these made? their beautiful

Edited by TheCollector

Well I was lucky enough to get one who else got one? :laughing: I also bought the extra holiday gift did you?

I placed an order for two last night (Wed) at 10pm. I did get a confirmation email that the order was successful, but that could be just a standard automatic reply. I haven't heard anything else.

This is what was stated in the email msg:

5. IF YOU PURCHASE MORE THAN ONE SET. THE ENTIRE ORDER WILL BE REFUNDED AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REPURCHASE FOR AT LEAST 48 HOURS IF THERE ARE ANY LEFT (which I doubt).

High profile sale like this one, stands to reason that this will be enforced. :D

You might want to check your online account...

I had logged in at 5:01 and saw the "out of stock" message. Tried a few times til about 5:15, then about gave up thinking they'd sold out that fast. Gave it one more shot at about 5:20 and was able to get one, and the special gift.

Yes! :laughing: For once I was able to get in on a sale - usually I miss out. Looking forward to seeing these beauties!

Last night was an interesting experience. I normally don't get on my computer before about 8:00 in the evening but was banished to my computer room due to my wife's candle party. I read my e-mail and found out about the sale. I went to the website about 10 minutes before it was to start and like everybody else, kept refreshing, thinking that soon the site would go down (like Coins & Pins did for the Gold Compass Rose sale). I just kept trying, even left an e-mail for Steve asking what was wrong. Then about 6:20 my time, the 'Buy' button came up. I had read all the conditions on the coin page many times during the 30 minutes I had been on the site. I proceeded through the checkout process but when it came time to pay, it indicated the charge was $9.98. I assumed that I had read the text wrong and that it was $4.99 per coin rather than $4.99 for the pair. I went through the whole process and returned to the website. There it was, the fact that if was supposed to be $4.99 per pair and then the realization hit me that I had somehow ordered TWO PAIR and I was painfully aware that my order would be cancelled and I would miss out on the coin. That is when I wrote another e-mail to Steve (I'm sure he was sick of me by now) to clear up my foul-up. He wrote back today indicating he would adjust my order to just one pair and refund the additional I had paid. Wow, was I happy to read that e-mail! After all I had gone through, I certainly didn't need to miss out on this coin. Oh, by the way, I ordered the Christmas surprise as well. I can't wait for them to arrive.

I got one at 8:17 PST. I tried at 5 and kept trying until about 5:15, but then I had to go to a caching event. I think I tried an hour later from the laptop in my car, but it wasn't working for some reason. So it had to wait until I got home. Fortunately there were some left. Didn't get the gift.