A possible new cache

I am thinking of setting a new cache which will tell a gruesome tale of local history.

The problem I face is the tale is of a brutal murder and before I even go any further

I would like to know what you all think. Would this be seen as being too

morbid to be placed in the first place.

I would also like to know what the boys at head office would think about placing such a cache. Would you allow it to be published I wonder?

As I said at the start this cache is only an idea at this stage and I would still need the permission of the land owner though I’m hoping this would not be a problem as they granted permission for one of my other caches placed a while back on the same area of land.

Just for your information, the murder took place way back in 1919. so what do you think good idea or bad idea?

Go for it! :D

I've done loads of caches based on murders, crimes and other morbid/gruesome stuff. They make for an interesting story and give the cache a bit more appeal. I think that since the crime was in 1919 then sufficient time has passed for the cache to go ahead.

I would be intrigued to see the cache as I live not far from your area.

If you do decide to go for it, then good luck with the placement and I hope permission is quickly granted :laughing:

I think 1919 is long enough ago for it to be 'in good taste' - It's someone's colourful family history, not a painful memory. I have seen a US cache based on a much more recent murder and felt it was inappropriate. But then I'm not the cache police, so I say if the approvers approve it, it's fine.

And what about all those 9/11 caches...far more recent and far more horrific!

Can't see us UK cachers posting a 7/7 cache!

Thanks to all who have replied so far. So long as I can get it approved and permission granted to place it, it looks like I will soon be placing my 8th cache so hopefully it will be out there in the next few weeks so watch this space... :laughing:

Set it up my freind and we'll have a gander.

E

PS The Ripper series, whilst not that great a challenge is a great, great wander through history. I did it whilst I was reading Cornwell's much critisized book and being on those streets added a new dimension.....

I am thinking of setting a new cache which will tell a gruesome tale of local history .... so what do you think good idea or bad idea?

We faced a similar problem over this cache (GCRFKB) which is associated with an area/event that was the start of the blood libel against the Jews; in this particular case the cache was designed to repudiate the events without being campaigning or overly strident.

On a a lighter note I would draw you attention to one of the caches on our ultimate cache wish list, Adirondack Murder Mystery GCP8MW, and having read the cache description you might like to take a peak at one of the stages along the way - that's what we call a distraction cache :huh:

2f6a2f2c-2790-4cd6-9f0e-753079ab55d4.jpg

If its as well done as your "Give us a clue" I look forward to it :huh:

Thanks for those kind words Brian. Without giving too much away. you can rest assured that there won't be quite so much leg work required for this one but you will need to do a bit of swatting up to find it :cry:

NO bugs involved are there Mark :wacko:

Thanks for those kind words Brian. Without giving too much away. you can rest assured that there won't be quite so much leg work required for this one but you will need to do a bit of swatting up to find it :huh:

NO bugs involved are there Mark :cry:

Its like swap or swop! Spelt swap but everyone says it swop!

In light of the tragic events in Ipswich over the past few days. I would like to raise the same question about my new cache which is almost ready to be set free into the wild.

Although it obviously has nothing to do with the murders down there, there may be a few who would think it a little insensitive to think about placing such a cache at this time.

If all goes to plan I could place the cache well before Christmas but now I'm not sure if i should wait a month or two.

Once again your comments would be gratefully received.