How can you tell if a log has been deleted?

Big B Bob

I don't think logs stay in the history on your My Account page, but if you know the URL to a deleted ("archived") log (say from a watchlist email), and you have permission to view the log, you can still read it. You can view any archived logs you posted, as well as any archived logs on a cache you own, but you can't view other people's archived logs.

Our team traditionally posts images with most cache finds. Once we inadvertently posted a blatant spoiler on a virtual. It was about two months later that I received an email suggesting that the cache hider had deleted my log. It included links so I could see what in the world happened. I was so embarrassed when I realized what I had done.

If a reviewer deletes a log on a published cache, a VERY rare thing, the log owner would receive the same notice that they would if a cache owner deleted it.

The only time that there is no notice is when you yourself as the log owner are the one deleting the log. The system assumes you know what you are doing. At least in my case, that isn't always true! On a handful of occasions I have accidentally deleted a log when intending simply to edit it.

Edited by The Leprechauns