TOMMY and HELEN - CALL IT QUITS!

Tommy Trojan

We have around 240 coins available.

We are offering these coins first here ... to contributing geocachers ... so don't miss out on having a very nice souvenir from Tommy and Helen!

Offering this coin is our way of THANKING all of you for your input during our three years of geocaching.

WWW.WIENT.COM

We have around 240 coins available.

We are offering these coins first here ... to contributing geocachers ... so don't miss out on having a very nice souvenir from Tommy and Helen!

Offering this coin is our way of THANKING all of you for your input during our three years of geocaching.

WWW.WIENT.COM

Call it quits from caching; from this edition of the Tommy Trojan coin; From Geocoins; or something else?

The world wants to know . . . . or at least I do

According to the original thread they were $13 then went up to $15 and now are $11.99.

THANK YOU .... the coin price is $9.99 ... folks please, we are leaving geocaching for good (no joke, no confusion) and we are offering this souvenir coin if you are interested.

We have a lot of friends in geocaching and wanted to make the offer here first.

The particulars are posted on the website wient.com

Please ... let's be nice.

Tommy + Helen

Edited by Tommy Trojan

According to the original thread they were $13 then went up to $15 and now are $11.99.

THANK YOU .... the coin price is $9.99 ... folks please, we are leaving geocaching for good (no joke, no confusion) and we are offering this souvenir coin if you are interested.

Tommy + Helen

Not trying to be "not nice" just have some questions and doing some wondering. So what happened to the 1000 coin plan? Is the 240 you have left out of that 1000? or is it 240 left out of 250? If you're leaving geocaching for good - what about all of those travel bugs and coins you have out there in the world?

Windrose

Tommy + Helen

wow...that was unexpected. Ordering a coin when I can load the site. Good luck to you Tommy in your future endeavors.

Kris--Redtailfalconer

Edited by redtailfalconer

I have set back and watched as people ridiculed Tommy and I have been sickened by your attitudes. If you don't want his coin don't buy it ? Who asked for your opinion on his pricing ? further who cares move on or is trolling your only goal in life? as for his little travelers why do you care? if you wanted to know for other than some more Tommy bashing you would have just e-mailed him the same question. You only ask on a public forum for your own gratification .....just leave it alone. either buy or don't just stop this craziness. his reasons are his own if he wanted to tell you don't you think he would have ? please stop! in this season of the expectant birth of our lord I would have expected better from all of you. However my hopes have turned to utter disgust. This cacher has done more for this sport/hobby than I or anyone could ever hope to. He asked nothing in return. His other posts where met with a tirade of harassment. It is clear that some truly appreciate Tommy, some are just looking for someone to push around on the Internet. How grown up of you all. I must admit I have been rethinking my own commitment to this when there are so many folks who have no respect for themselves or anyone else!

So much for my new coin no reason to order it when everyone begrudges you trying to recoup a little of the costs associated with putting out caches and TB as Tommy has. I guess you think its OK to keep paying the PETRO companies for their over priced gas AND YOU KNOW they are sticking to you ! but hey that's OK right ???

Go ahead bash me if you like you only prove my point in spades with every keystroke

Not trying to be "not nice" just have some questions and doing some wondering. So what happened to the 1000 coin plan? Is the 240 you have left out of that 1000? or is it 240 left out of 250? If you're leaving geocaching for good - what about all of those travel bugs and coins you have out there in the world?

Windrose

Good question.

Go ahead bash me if you like you only prove my point in spades with every keystroke

I don't see any need to bash you here. I understand your frustration, but I personally believe some of the issues were brought on by the OP himself.

There were some legitimate questions at the start of this whole drama, and they were ignored or dismissed. It's within the OP's right to ignore the questions, but by posting the sale of the coins in a public forum, it is the communities right to ask those questions as well.

I have never met the OP in person, but the with the unfolding of this situation, I was finally able to understand why we had problems in the past. When reading someones posts online, you don't have the benefit of hearing tone, vocal inflections, and other body language. Unfortunately, the OP's posts come off a bit superior in tone, and tend to get me defensive just by reading them.

The continual references to knowing "What Jeremy's original intentions of the game" were, without offering any explanation, came across as being very superior. I'm sorry, but this sort of set the tone for the duration of these threads.

The second thread was very civil, but pretty inactive.

Again, that's just my 2 coins worth...

Edited to say this: I just went back through the original thread, and there were some posts that were way too personal...IMO. Unfortunately, some personal histories seem to have been carried over into this forum...and this isn't the place for those discussions. TT and Helen are in my general area. We have agreed to disagree on some issues, so when I see one of their bugs, I have been asked to leave them behind, and I respect that. Because of that, I tried to refrain from getting involved here. TT and I have been communicating in private, and I just want it known that I was trying to offer constructive criticism with this post, and offer another insight into what caused the melt-down...

Edited by Cornerstone4

I hope they reconsider, it is sad to see one of the legends of the game go.

I went and ordered four more coins, glad to have them at whatever they cost. The freight was four dollars for four coins and there is a line there about refunding five dollars if you purchased a coin before.. I could care less about the five dollars. Someday, somewhere, I can share their story and give somebody a memory token of their efforts. By the way, there was no contract not to sell this time.

I hope their decision to leave the game had nothing to do with the controversy over a coin. Tommy and Helen, here's wishing only the best for you and yours.... Glen

Now, I see there is a cross post about the geocoin sale in the regular TB forum...

Normally, cross sales posts get squashed.

Maybe the real problem was the fact that they never actively participated in these forums that I am aware of. Coming in fast and hard and rocking the boat just got them off on the wrong foot.

In the end, there was nothing said in the public forums that should have caused such an active player to leave the game entirely...

The other post you mention ... is our saying goodbye to our hundreds of friends ... not the critical and judgemental ones like you. We do not care about your input of negativity!

Fortunately we will not be here much longer ... so why not just accept our hand of friendship and be nice?

What do those three crosses represent in your ID?

I hope they reconsider, it is sad to see one of the legends of the game go.

I went and ordered four more coins, glad to have them at whatever they cost. The freight was four dollars for four coins and there is a line there about refunding five dollars if you purchased a coin before.. I could care less about the five dollars. Someday, somewhere, I can share their story and give somebody a memory token of their efforts. By the way, there was no contract not to sell this time.

I hope their decision to leave the game had nothing to do with the controversy over a coin. Tommy and Helen, here's wishing only the best for you and yours.... Glen

THANK YOU for your kindness and good wishes ... your coins are in the mail.

The other post you mention ... is our saying goodbye to our hundreds of friends ... not the critical and judgemental ones like you. We do not care about your input of negativity!

Fortunately we will not be here much longer ... so why not just accept our hand of friendship and be nice?

I'm not sure what to say here...

I just finished a lenghty email to you after I made my post above. I was responding to some things you had shared, and in light of some of those things, I went and added some to my previous post. After I made the edits, I saw this post here...

All of my comments were meant to try and shed some light, and offer an opinion.

You know very well what those 3 crosses represent, and what they mean to me. Whatever my beliefs are, they don't preclude me from offering an opinion.

I'll refrain from posting any more here, in case you feel different after reading my latest email. If you don't feel any change of heart...I'm sorry.

Last October my minister hit my car, left the scene and then wanted to know why I sent him a bill. In short, he accused me and the body shop of charging him for unnecessary repairs and then posted his side of the ordeal in the church bulletin.

Did I leave? No. No persons can drive me away from what I want to do without my permission. Once I get fed up, then I’ll go. No fanfare.

You want to sell your products? Then you are still in the game and will take whatever people are dishing out. If it’s within guidelines then you have no complaint.

I have set back and watched as people ridiculed Tommy and I have been sickened by your attitudes. If you don't want his coin don't buy it ? Who asked for your opinion on his pricing ? further who cares move on or is trolling your only goal in life? as for his little travelers why do you care? if you wanted to know for other than some more Tommy bashing you would have just e-mailed him the same question. You only ask on a public forum for your own gratification .....just leave it alone. either buy or don't just stop this craziness. his reasons are his own if he wanted to tell you don't you think he would have ? please stop! in this season of the expectant birth of our lord I would have expected better from all of you. However my hopes have turned to utter disgust. This cacher has done more for this sport/hobby than I or anyone could ever hope to. He asked nothing in return. His other posts where met with a tirade of harassment. It is clear that some truly appreciate Tommy, some are just looking for someone to push around on the Internet. How grown up of you all. I must admit I have been rethinking my own commitment to this when there are so many folks who have no respect for themselves or anyone else!

So much for my new coin no reason to order it when everyone begrudges you trying to recoup a little of the costs associated with putting out caches and TB as Tommy has. I guess you think its OK to keep paying the PETRO companies for their over priced gas AND YOU KNOW they are sticking to you ! but hey that's OK right ???

EXCUSE ME???? I didn't bash anyone. I simply asked a couple of very legitimate questions. If TT didn't want anyone asking questions he shouldn't have posted here. You don't walk into a room full of people make a speech and then walk out. People are going to ask questions.

And I agree with CornerStone, TT might be big in geocaching, but he was never involved in the forums community until he wanted to sell his coin. (Not that he's the only one who's done that -- there's been several). It's kind of like the 2nd cousin whose never gone to any family events, suddenly showing up at the reunion and trying to sell everyone time shares.

Windrose

No one is being judgemental...we're asking legit questions of you...questions you won't answer...

EVERYBODY READ THIS!

Now that I have your attention......this is the last post in this thread that will not be directly related to the sale of the coin. It seems that this thread is continually going off topic, and it's going to end now.

Sorry to sound harsh, but apparently I need to be.

This thread is about the coin sale. If you have a LEGITIMATE question about the coin, shipping, etc. post it here - do NOT hash over old topics. If you a question that you think is questionable, I suggest you contact the OP via email or PM.

Just to be clear: This is formal warning to all. ALL future off-topic posts in this thread will receive a 3-day suspension.

EVERYBODY READ THIS!

Now that I have your attention......this is the last post in this thread that will not be directly related to the sale of the coin. It seems that this thread is continually going off topic, and it's going to end now.

Sorry to sound harsh, but apparently I need to be.

This thread is about the coin sale. If you have a LEGITIMATE question about the coin, shipping, etc. post it here - do NOT hash over old topics. If you a question that you think is questionable, I suggest you contact the OP via email or PM.

Just to be clear: This is formal warning to all. ALL future off-topic posts in this thread will receive a 3-day suspension.

THANK YOU for your input ... we are here to say good-bye and to offer the coin as a souvenir of our times with you.

Please see our explaination and order form at the website ... also if you have any questions, please email me privately and we will do everything we can to answer your questions, regarding the coin and/or our services.

With all heart ... Tommy + Helen = 42 - FIGHT ON!

Okay...I do have a legit question...you say the coin is $9.99 plus shipping...is there a discount on coinprice if you order multiple coins?

There is a discount on shipping of three or more coins, plus for those who have purchased the $15 coin price we rebate the $5.00

How many do you want to order?

There is a discount on shipping of three or more coins, plus for those who have purchased the $15 coin price we rebate the $5.00

How many do you want to order?

Hi TT

Feel free to keep the extra $$ from the first coin.

I ordered a few more to send out to travel. Thanks for the coins.

Christian

Edited by nielsenc

...I like the coin well enough to plunk down my money now that he has lowered the price. It is still a little high for my budget and should be offering it for the $10 with shipping included but it is a nice coin and I would like to have one.

<edited by moderator>

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

well I hope there are some coins left when I get paid on the 22nd. For this price i'll just have to have one to say "yup i was there" And be able to recant the remember when story of the drama.

Somone save me a coin, i'm comin for it on pay day

Got your back. B)

I just ordered two and they do offer a discount, total price was 19.98 for two. <_<

...Now, what can you trade me for it? :huh:

edit: I missed the sales tax and shipping, actual total is ~$25.00

Edited by nooks

Oh man, I love your bugs and coins! I don't want you to leave!

Mike

well I hope there are some coins left when I get paid on the 22nd. For this price i'll just have to have one to say "yup i was there" And be able to recant the remember when story of the drama.

Somone save me a coin, i'm comin for it on pay day

Got your back. :laughing:

I just ordered two and they do offer a discount, total price was 19.98 for two. :D

...Now, what can you trade me for it? :D

edit: I missed the sales tax and shipping, actual total is ~$25.00

Well, I decided to put my money where my mouth is.

I had originally refused to buy this coin as I felt that it was grossly over-priced.

Now that it is in my range ( my upper-limit for "normal" coins, that is ) I decided to buy one.

Hopefully, this will encourage reasonable pricing of coins.

Thanks.

Edited by nicolo

I bought one of the coins when he first put them out and they are a great looking coin. Now that they are leaving I ordered another coin just to keep. I too have enjoyed his caches, TB's and geocoins as I have moved some of his TB's and Geocoins when I traveled to Texas while I still lived on California.

We will miss you TTHT CACHE ON!!!

TT, I don't blame you for calling quits first of all. You put more effort into this than anyone would know...

However, which means you can forget everthing said before the however, You need to reconsider this!

This is a game! You need to look to what joy this brings to you and forget the people that you don't even know, will never know, they don't matter. Concentrate on the good stuff...

Mike

TT, I don't blame you for calling quits first of all. You put more effort into this than anyone would know...

However, which means you can forget everthing said before the however, You need to reconsider this!

This is a game! You need to look to what joy this brings to you and forget the people that you don't even know, will never know, they don't matter. Concentrate on the good stuff...

Mike

Please, send encouragement via private email as TT requested. I appreciate your support to his cause, but let's leave the thread for the coin, and let the dust settle for good on the rest.

We now return you to the topic at hand, if you please folks. You have all been asked to keep this thread on the topic of the coins for sale. Anything else can be sent privately.

Thank you, and please don't make FSM and I come back in here and repeat ourselves, there are other threads out there too, that beg us to read them.

Ordered 2, I of the low # ones and a regular one. Looks like there are 23 total left.

WOWZER - THANK YOU SUPPORTERS !!

We do have 12 regular numbered coins and 11 LOW COIN ID ones left from #2 thru 25 !!

www.wient.com

PLEASE ... if you do want a souvenir or remembrance memento from Tommy and Helen, order right away ... we are on the road picking up some of our caches and will be shipping out the rest of the orders tomorrow (from the regional post office distribution center) ... we would feel badly if you wanted and were unable.

Tommy + Helen = 42 WONDERFUL years of marriage - and we will ALWAYS FIGHT ON!

Edited by Tommy Trojan