Putting on Invisible Shield

Team_LPD

Just my order for my 60CSX and Palm 515 in the mail today. Other than reading the directions and tips/tricks, etc I need to know before I put them on?

Back in the olden days (aka "last year") the shields did not ship with any solution. We used a drop of dish soap in 5oz water for the solution. The install video on the shieldzone site recommended dipping the whole shield in the soap and water solution.

After trying the included spray solution I have gone back to the old soap/water method. I don't know if that video is still on their site or not. I use the included spray to clean the GPSr screen prior to installation, then dip the entire shield in the soap/water. The rule of thumb is, the wetter the better. Be sure to let it dry at least an hour, and preferably over night.

Just got the shield in the mail today for my 60CSx. Took someone's advice on here to wet it thourghly. So I put 2 drops of soap in a dish with 5 ounces of water and completely dipped the shield into the solution twice using a pair of tweezers and applied to GPSr. Worked perfectly the first time. Thanks for the real world recommendations.

Just got the shield in the mail today for my 60CSx. Took someone's advice on here to wet it thourghly. So I put 2 drops of soap in a dish with 5 ounces of water and completely dipped the shield into the solution twice using a pair of tweezers and applied to GPSr. Worked perfectly the first time. Thanks for the real world recommendations.

That's just about the way I did mine on my 60cs. Filled a soup bowl with warm water, added a drop of dish soap and just dropped it in. Layed it on my very clean screen, adjusted it to where it was perfectly placed. Then used a credit card to smooth it out and get rid of any bubbles. Dabbed the excess water off with a paper towel and let it dry for around 24 hours and it came out perfect first time. I can't imagine not having it, as it has saved scratches any times. Can't even tell it's there. A must have addition.

Since the 60csx is waterproof (An IPX-7 designation means the GPS case can withstand accidental immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes), I filled a big mixing bowl with water and put the 60csx underwater and applied the Invisibleshield underwater. Pulled it out with no air bubbles and then let everything dry out.

Since the 60csx is waterproof (An IPX-7 designation means the GPS case can withstand accidental immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes), I filled a big mixing bowl with water and put the 60csx underwater and applied the Invisibleshield underwater. Pulled it out with no air bubbles and then let everything dry out.

Well, now there's an idea! My Invisible Shield is a bit wavy (actually, a lot wavy) -- I think I'll put on the replacement underwater and see if it helps.

After successfully applying two Invisible Shields I got a third one to apply to a new camera and this time I ended up with some bubbles that did not come out by scraping with the plastic applier. After drying overnight, I tried pulling the Invisible Shield up from the nearest corner to remove the bubbles, then re-wet and reapply, but in doing so the plastic film stretched and when I re-applied it, there was a noticeable line between the area I pulled up and the remaining area. I also noticed a fingerprint on the reapplied part even though had washed my hands and sprayed application solution on them. It looks bad. Any suggestions on what to do now?

After successfully applying two Invisible Shields I got a third one to apply to a new camera and this time I ended up with some bubbles that did not come out by scraping with the plastic applier. After drying overnight, I tried pulling the Invisible Shield up from the nearest corner to remove the bubbles, then re-wet and reapply, but in doing so the plastic film stretched and when I re-applied it, there was a noticeable line between the area I pulled up and the remaining area. I also noticed a fingerprint on the reapplied part even though had washed my hands and sprayed application solution on them. It looks bad. Any suggestions on what to do now?

I had to pull my up a bit and reapply it. It caused a line, but it disappeared completely in about a week. I didn't wait for it to dry overnight before doing it, though.

I had to pull my up a bit and reapply it. It caused a line, but it disappeared completely in about a week. I didn't wait for it to dry overnight before doing it, though.

Excuse me for butting in but my question closely applies to this thread and I didn't want to start a new one. I have several protective 'sheets' remaining from those I got for my Palm devices. Since there is no 'stylus' use on the screen of my vista cx, I thought maybe I could cut one to fit and it would do the job. Although the 'invisible shield' is a bargain at the discount prices I noticed in another thread, it would be a waste not to use what I already have. Anyone else ever do that or have any comments? I would mainly be concerned about the adhesive in palm screen vs vista cx screen.

Excuse me for butting in but my question closely applies to this thread and I didn't want to start a new one. I have several protective 'sheets' remaining from those I got for my Palm devices. Since there is no 'stylus' use on the screen of my vista cx, I thought maybe I could cut one to fit and it would do the job. Although the 'invisible shield' is a bargain at the discount prices I noticed in another thread, it would be a waste not to use what I already have. Anyone else ever do that or have any comments? I would mainly be concerned about the adhesive in palm screen vs vista cx screen.

I've used the Palm protective sheets and they work satisfactory. They're not as thick as the InvisiShield, but unless your screen, really gets whacked, their protection should be OK.

I've used the Palm protective sheets and they work satisfactory. They're not as thick as the InvisiShield, but unless your screen, really gets whacked, their protection should be OK.

Thank you for the reply. I will go ahead and do that.

I have to say that I just installed one on my 60csx and one on a 30g ipod and just used lots of the spray. I sprayed my fingers, then both sides of the shield a lot and just put it down. If I found any air bubbles i picked up the screen, added more solution, then put it back.

Looks great and seems to work great (did the key test). Especially great with that 40% off.

Edited by -Oz-

A couple of "heads up" about the Invisible Shield:

I had tried a new soft carrying case (Soundgear 416470-V MP3 Case from Target) which fit my 60CSX perfectly, but the case had a stitching on the inside that left indentations in my Invisible Shield. I have removed the GPS from the case and hope that over time the indentations will "heal".

Another thing I noticed about the Invisible Shield is to not let it come into contact with smooth plastic, such as the clear plastic on the Garmin neoprene carrying case. It will stick to the smooth plastic and over time be very hard to separate.

A couple of "heads up" about the Invisible Shield:

I had tried a new soft carrying case (Soundgear 416470-V MP3 Case from Target) which fit my 60CSX perfectly, but the case had a stitching on the inside that left indentations in my Invisible Shield. I have removed the GPS from the case and hope that over time the indentations will "heal".

Another thing I noticed about the Invisible Shield is to not let it come into contact with smooth plastic, such as the clear plastic on the Garmin neoprene carrying case. It will stick to the smooth plastic and over time be very hard to separate.

I did the same thing this past summer. I pushed my GPSr into a small opening in my dash. The wrist strap must have be on top of the screen and it left a rather large gouge in my screen protector (Invisible Shield) The gouge went away but it took about two weeks to do so. I just watched it slowly disappear each day.