Turning Lemons into Lemonade

Zoptrop

Lately I've been fuming over the condition my caches and was going to make the below posting, but then I saw the humerous side of it (after translating it into Dutch and back).

Here is my sarcastic post...

---------------------------------------

"Dear cacher, thank you for destroying my decoy pile; afterall, I would want anyone to be fooled by that suspicious looking pile of rocks in the cache vicinity. It must have taken a lot of hard work to hurl those rocks so far in every direction - are you on the olympic shot-put team? And while we're on the topic, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for leaving the lid off of the cache. Heaven knows I wouldn't want the log book and cache contents to actually dry out and kill all that perfectly good mold that's taken so long to grow."

Here is my sarcastic post in Dutch (via babelfish.altavista.com)...

"Beste cacher, dankt u voor het vernietigen van mijn valstrikstapel; afterall, zou ik iedereen willen zijn fooled door die verdachte het kijken stapel van rotsen in de geheim voorgeheugennabijheid. Het moet heel wat hard werk genomen hebben om die rotsen in elke richting tot dusver te slingeren - bent u op het olympische schot-gezette team? En terwijl wij op het onderwerp zijn, houdt van I'd deze kans te baat te nemen om u voor weg het verlaten van het deksel van het geheime voorgeheugen te danken. De hemel weet ik niet de logboekboek en geheim voorgeheugeninhoud alles eigenlijk uitdrogen en zou willen doden wat volkomen goede vorm die die zo lang wordt geduurd om te groeien."

Here is my sarcastic post translated from Dutch BACK into English...

Best cacher, thank you for destroying my trap battery; afterall, I everyone want be fooled by that verdachte looking at battery rocks in the mystery voorgeheugennabijheid. It must have taken a lot hard work to swing those rocks in each direction so far - are you on Olympic schot-gezette the team? And whereas we are on the subject, loves I'd this of taking chance at profit you for gone leave of the lid the secret voorgeheugen to thank. The sky weet I the logboekboek and secret voorgeheugeninhoud everything in fact do not dry out and would want kill what completely good form which is long lasted that this way to grow.

The more you translate it the funnier it gets due to Babelfish "translations". You can do it with any language (I don't mean to make fun of anyone in particular).

I have seen this with translating some German to English then back to german. It was a hoot!

it is take me out to the ball game our pastor did it its hillarious where can i do this translating thing i want to here how it sounds agian

i just did it here it goes:

implement me out buy me some peanuts and all world chaps, which I am not interested, take me to the ball play to the mass, if I receive at all back thus root root for the complete crew verwurzeln let, if they do not win its a dishonor for its two three impacts, which are at the old ball play yours out

Here is what happens if you use the Dialectizer to turn it into Swedish chef.

Teke-a me-a oooot tu zee bell geme-a, Teke-a me-a oooot veet zee crood. Bork bork bork! Booy me-a sume-a peunoots und Crecker Jeck, I dun't cere-a iff I nefer get beck, Let me-a ruut, ruut, ruut fur zee hume-a teem, Iff zeey dun't veen it's a sheme-a. Fur it's oone-a, tvu, three-a streekes, yuoo're-a oooot, Et zee oold bell geme-a.

I liked your first sarcastic post better :ph34r:

When I hid a cache, I always would take some rocks, tree branches, sticks, leaves, etc and sorta cram them into all the rock crevices in the area. Sorta like making decoy hide locations.

Then I found that they really did work, but only for the first cacher. The ftf would remove everything from the openings to check inside, and when they found nothing they wouldn't bother putting them back. Which you can't really blame them. Its not like they are re-hiding anything.

So is it worth the effort? I don't do it anymore. I try to find a place where I can stick it, and not have to worry about somebody replacing items in front of it to hide it properly.

The only thing I find then, is that there is always a stick laying right there, to be the "pointer" to future cachers.

If you want to make decoys, acctually hide another container there. Then clearly labeled on the indside that this is a decoy and not the real cache, and they should keep looking. This way they have something that they need to re-hide.

Youngsters these days don't get it. Makes me sad.

"Kids these days... don't even know how to tie down their own punkins" - Foghorn Leghorn.

"The young young she-goats these days... not even know it how at to tie up the Leghorn of the fog Hoorn their own punkins"

English>Dutch>English. <_<

If you really want to see it go funny, try translating it through a few languages then back to English!

English, dutch, french, german, english...

"The young kids the same the days... do not know it even - like on, around putting horn de Hoorn from the fog to to fasten their own punkins -"

Back in the good old days before I banned myself from OT I had a thread in there to do just this sort of translation manipulation with song lyrics. I wonder if that thread is still around?

Do you waaaaant...do you waaaaaant...to come back to my place, bouncy bouncy? ? <_<

Edited by wimseyguy