All I want for Christmas is...

I go caching with an etrex legend and a small ipac pda utilising Mem Map which is linked to a gps receiver via bluetooth, when it works it's great but unfortunately it loses its signal requiring many a soft reset (ain't life hard, huh?).

Christmas is on its jolly way and my nearest and dearest is going frantic not knowing where to splash her hard earned cash, she is going to give me a certain amount and I will make up the difference but what to go for. I fancy a Garmin 60CSx but I have been wondering about a higher spec pda with built in gps receiver (SiRF lll). Having said that, I could do with a lap-top.....

I really don't want hundreds of pairs of socks...oooohhhh what should I do???? :laughing:

As you obviously have a system that suits you already when geocaching, why not simply upgrade your Bluetooth GPS to a Sirf III one, such as the Global Sat BT-338. Total expenditure £69 and next day delivery if ordered by 1500hrs. Just a suggestion! :laughing::laughing:

That's the one I have but I am forever losing my signal, I suppose I could always get her to pay for half of next season's season ticket for Everton but she doesn't hate me quite that much... yet.

As you obviously have a system that suits you already when geocaching, why not simply upgrade your Bluetooth GPS to a Sirf III one, such as the Global Sat BT-338. Total expenditure £69 and next day delivery if ordered by 1500hrs. Just a suggestion! :laughing::laughing:

That's the one I have but I am forever losing my signal, I suppose I could always get her to pay for half of next season's season ticket for Everton but she doesn't hate me quite that much... yet.

If you only go to half the games next season..then thats 50% less dissapointment! :ph34r: