Unite for Diabetes - Geocaching Promotion

Bryan

I wouldn't reapply - I think they just got slammed with requests.

I requested mine on December 6, got it today, December 26 - given that they're probably bombarded with requests and whatnot, and the slowness of the mail given the Christmas rush - I'd try a bit more patience :P

I was chomping at the bit too - but the one I asked for came...

It's headed for India - I haven't checked on caches there - but my ex-husband offered to send it back to India with workers going back there who are at his office for training this week (outsourcing?). I told him unless one of them was a geocacher, that would defeat the purpose.

I'm going to set mine on its way in the next few days.

Jenn

anyone know how to activate the travel bug? it comes with the TB number stamped on it but no activation code

i thought they might have come pre activated but when i did a search on theTB number thats stamped on it , it showed it being registered to someone in another state.

has this happened to anyone else? what should i do??

I was a little disappointed when I received my TB. It seems as if it were already activated. I took it with me on a trip out of state, but I did not know how to log when I placed it in another cache. It was found the same day, and the finding cachers were just as puzzled as I was. My main concern is tracking the bug for accuracy. I moved it about 700 miles from my mailbox before dropping it off!!!

Any ideas?

Per Eartha

The United For Diabetes TBs are already activated. You only need to grab it from its current location. If you are having trouble logging it, first make sure that the 0s are not Os and the Is are not 1s. If that doesn't work for you, send an email with both the tracking number on the tag, and the TB number on the page (if you have it) to contact@Groundspeak.com and put "U4D TB tracking# problem" as your subject line.

Edited by BlueDeuce

The Unite for Diabetes-TB we asked to be allowed to start arrived today. Thanks! :-)

The TB is dedicated to the people suffering from diabetes in a city in Austria - as we will start the TB in Germany it should stay within german speaking areas. We are going to add a laminated tag to the TB with the mission, we decided to translate it into german and add it on the backside - would it be possible to add the translation also to the page of "our" "Steyr, Austria" Unite for Diabetes Travel Bug?

current goal:

Das Ziel dieses "Vereint gegen Diabetes"-Travel Bugs ist, das Bewusstsein für Diabetes zu schärfen und auf dem Weg nach und in Steyr in Österreich Fotos sowie Geocaching-Logs zu sammeln. Bitte log Deinen Besuch und nimm mich mit zu einem anderen Geocache.

about this item:

Dieser "Vereint gegen Diabetes"-Travel Bug ist Teil der "Vereint gegen Diabetes"-Geocaching-Kampagne. Um mehr über die Kampagne zu erfahren und um an dem Fotowettbewerb teilzunehmen, besuche bitte http://unite.geocaching.com.

Dieser "Vereint gegen Diabetes"-Travel Bug ist den Bewohnern von Steyr in Österreich gewidmet, die von Diabetes betroffen sind. <a href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?lat=48.04&lon=14.41">Suche nach Geocaches in Steyr</a>.

Greetings from Germany and all the best for 2007,

Tobias (1/2 tobsas)

The United For Diabetes TBs are already activated. You only need to grab it from its current location. If you are having trouble logging it, first make sure that the 0s are not Os and the Is are not 1s. If that doesn't work for you, send an email with both the tracking number on the tag, and the TB number on the page (if you have it) to contact@Groundspeak.com and put "U4D TB tracking# problem" as your subject line.

Are there many of you that are still waiting to receive their Diabetes TBs? I ordered mine on the 2nd day of the promotion and my wife on the 3rd and haven't received anything yet. We're in Canada and I notice that others in Canada have already gotten theirs. Just curious. Looking forward to getting ours.

I received my UFD TB today! It didn't take very long...a week or a little more. I can't wait to send it off. My grandfather, grandmother, father and best friend have diabetes so I'm dedicating this TB trip to them. I don't THINK I do but I have a physical in 2 weeks so I guess I'll find out then.

I can't do anything with it but look at it because GC.com is blocked at my office. :wub::rolleyes:

Thanks so much to GC.com/Groundspeak for doing this. Great idea! I know a lot of work went into this so thank you to all who've worked hard to get this going.

Got mine about a week ago, and after a little work, it is ready to meet the world. I lost my father about a month ago now. Primarily cancer, but the diabetes complicated the issues. I had a wallet photo made from a picture I took of him 3 years ago, and I attached it to TB, along with a short bio of who he was, and what he meant to me. I hope someone will find it, and understand that there are names and faces that die from this disease.

*feeling sad and lonely at the moment...*

Edited by Cache_advance

I had the same problem as eslfreak mentioned earlier. I loggeed a "discoverred it" note on the U4D section of the website, but it hasn't enterred my TB inventory, and now I can't "drop" it in the cache. If anyone is in the Rochester NY area, the TB is in the Crescent Valley Cache, GCMTB4, even though it doesn't appear in the inventory.

I should email Groundspeak?