Unite for Diabetes - Geocaching Promotion

Bryan

Got mine today, It wants to go to New Bern, NC USA!

I think you are the first one with a TB bound for a US city.

Mine is headed for Jitra, Malaysia.

There is one headed for my town of only 13,000 people though. At least we have lots of caches and cachers around. Hopefully I will be able to grab it when it gets here! It's on my watchlist!

I'm very disturbed that Moonshine, Illinois wasn't chosen as one of the cities. Diabetes there has reached epidemic proportions with 100% of the population being diabetic!

If only I could receive the Moonshine, Illinois travel bug...I would gladly make the trip and deliver it myself....preferably before 12:30 pm.

I'm just that committed to this effort!

Bret

Got mine today, it's bound for Oddanchatram, India.

Closest cache is GCRYKG, hidden Jan 06, never been found, and it's SW

139.9mi.

Only three other caches within 200 miles and they are all micros.

Where's the logic in sending a bug to a city with no Geocachers or geocaches?

:surprise::huh:

Wondering about that myself. I see that there is one headed for Havana, Cuba. (Though it is misspelt as Havanna.) There's only one cache on the 'nearest cache' listing. Oh, well.

The one I got is headed for Konstantinovsk, Russia. Haven't checked nearest caches on it yet.

One of my brothers did suffer from obesity-induced diabetes. Of course, he did weigh 480# when he died.

Mine is headed to Oyem, Gabon. :( Where the heck is that? Africa? :(

Leave it to you Snoogans to get a destination like that.

Mine is bound for Ronda, Spain. Placed it yesterday, but I sure can't find any others in my area...yet.

By the way, I did not received an email after placing my bug even though I placed it on my watchlist. Anyone else had this problem?

Edited by CentralCArn

I received mine, but there is a production error on it. The tracking numbers are "double stamped" at one place and are illegible. I will not be placing the travel bug, because it would be pointless if you can't log it, track it, move it, etc. Who should I contact???

Send an e-mail to Contact@geocaching.com

Mine is headed to Oyem, Gabon. :( Where the heck is that? Africa? :P

Leave it to you Snoogans to get a destination like that.

I kinda like my Diabetes Awareness TB.

I am painfully aware of diabetes myself since The Snoogstress and I were diagnosed with Type 2 almost a year ago.

However, my awareness of Oyem, Gabon has been raised 100%

Poor Gabon is one of the very few cachless countries. :P We need to form a CacheAid organization for countries that have no caches. :(

I plan to send mine on its way this weekend to Londonderry, UK (Ireland). This was asked before but I didn't see an answer - has, or is anyone planning to attach anything to their bug? It seems that it would be less likely to be dropped and lost that way...

You betcha, I'm sending mine airmail

It was only $1.74 at Wally World.

I'm posting a pick when I get it ready to go.

Is there any way to check to see if ours has shipped? We put in for one back on the second day and still haven't received it. We had the same issue with the Green Jeeps. Sent in for one, but it never showed up. Our kids also put in for one and theirs hasn't shown up yet either.

I, too, have not received an e-mail. I signed up at the beginning of last week. How long does it take to get an e-mail?

Is there any way to check to see if ours has shipped? We put in for one back on the second day and still haven't received it. We had the same issue with the Green Jeeps. Sent in for one, but it never showed up. Our kids also put in for one and theirs hasn't shown up yet either.

I, too, have not received an e-mail. I signed up at the beginning of last week. How long does it take to get an e-mail?

I never received an email. It just showed up in my mailbox about a week after I signed up.

Got mine in the mail today! Very nice design. Destination = Glossup, UK. Looks like there are plenty of caches in the area.

While I dont have any personal or imediate family history of Diabetes, I do see alot of patients with Diabetic Retinopathy in my profession. The frustrating ones for me are the ones that are well aware that they have diabetes, but are non-chalant about keeping it under control. Since a person can sustain a good amount of damage to the retina without it affecting their vision, until quiet literally they can wake up blind one morning, the "silent" aspect of the disease lulls them into a false sense of security. Same will all the other parts of the body affected by diabetes. If they could see things from my end, they would take it alot more seriously. Hmm.. . good thing I am not a proctologist lol... :o

Anyway, I digress... I will this worthwhile TB out and about during the holidays!

anyone know how to activate the travel bug? it comes with the TB number stamped on it but no activation code

i thought they might have come pre activated but when i did a search on theTB number thats stamped on it , it showed it being registered to someone in another state.

has this happened to anyone else? what should i do??

pre activated but when i did a search on theTB number thats stamped on it , it showed it being registered to someone in another state.

has this happened to anyone else? what should i do??

It is already activated. Just grab it - either from the cacher holding it, or use the "from somewhere else" option in the pulldown list on the bug log.

I requested one on 12/6.... was hoping to get it by Christmas but that is not going to happen (since it is now Christmas Eve).

Don't know for sure that I'll get one - but I'm hopeful ;)

I ordered some regular TBs too - hoping for Christmas but I think I left that a bit late .... oh well - something to have *after* Christmas!

Jenn