How do get rid of maps on a 60CSx?

So I downloaded that North America Navigator into my GPS 60CSx on Friday. I go out caching today and the maps just keep popping up all the time, driving me nuts. How do I stop that? Also, when I hit FIND\waypoints and then chose a cache, I get the first cache page with the name, coords, note, etc.. but when I hit GO TO, it goes to the map, I want it to show the directional compass, distance to cache, etc.... How do I fix that?

Also, somehow, I lost the "found" button so I can mark a cache found. What am I doing wrong?

Also, when I hit FIND\waypoints and then chose a cache, I get the first cache page with the name, coords, note, etc.. but when I hit GO TO, it goes to the map, I want it to show the directional compass, distance to cache, etc.... How do I fix that?

Also, somehow, I lost the "found" button so I can mark a cache found. What am I doing wrong?

Hit the page button and page through the screens until you get to the page you want. You'll also see the found button there too.

El Diablo

Also, when I hit FIND\waypoints and then chose a cache, I get the first cache page with the name, coords, note, etc.. but when I hit GO TO, it goes to the map, I want it to show the directional compass, distance to cache, etc.... How do I fix that?

Hit the page button and page through the screens until you get to the page you want. You'll also see the found button there too.

El Diablo

Also to get the "found" option you have to select FIND/Geocache not FIND/waypoints

...but when I hit GO TO, it goes to the map, I want it to show the directional compass, distance to cache, etc.... How do I fix that?

You can also set the page sequence to start at the compass page, not the map page.

MENU => SETUP => PAGE SEQUENCE

You only get the "found" button when a designated geocaching icon is used for the waypoint. The defaults are the closed and open treasure chests. Before you do a Go To, navigate up to the icon in the upper left corner. Hit Enter. Use the rocker key to navigate to the closed chest icon in the Outdoors section. Hit Enter. The closed chest icon should now display in the upper left corner of the screen. Highlight the GoTo button and hit Enter.

If you download the geocache waypoints from a program like GSAK or Easy GPS the geocache icon will be used automatically.

...but when I hit GO TO, it goes to the map, I want it to show the directional compass, distance to cache, etc.... How do I fix that?

You can also set the page sequence to start at the compass page, not the map page.

MENU => SETUP => PAGE SEQUENCE

I guess you're not understanding the problem. When you do a GOTO to a waypoint, the unit always jumps to the Map screen. Changing the page sequence will not alter this behavior. All it does is change the order screens are displayed when using the Page and Quit buttons.

Set your GPS up to it prompts you whether you want to auto route or go off road. Yours is obviously set up to default to auto routing which will always bring you to the map page. If you choose off road it will go directly to the compass screen.

This was true with the non-X models but with the CSx it goes to the map page even after selecting off road. Some people like it going to the map page some people wish it would go to the compass page, I fall into the wish it went to the compass page group.