Has anyone found caches in all Provinces/Territories yet?

Geofellas

I'm Trying for all Ontario Counties, but even that is a tad ambitious.. I don't have any plans to make the 40 hour drive to thunder bay at the moment..

I've made finds in BC, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec, but I doubt thhat is any kind of record.. but at the moment it seems like I am in the lead! :laughing:

Edited by Juicepig

I'm Trying for all Ontario Counties, but even that is a tad ambitious.. I don't have any plans to make the 40 hour drive to thunder bay at the moment..

I've made finds in BC, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec, but I doubt thhat is any kind of record.. but at the moment it seems like I am in the lead! :laughing:

I think it's gonna be a while before I get up to Resolute. Interesting thread to watch, wonder if anyone's actually done it?

Mountain_Wanderer states on his profile page that he's been to 12 provinces. Actually I think he was after the oldest cache in each province. He had returned to Alberta when the oldest cache was unarchived.

Here is his log from that cache.

November 5, 2005 by Mountain_Wanderer (3461 found)

Now I can sleep better knowing I got the correct cache as Alberta #1. I thought I had it this past summer when I did 1.1 but a cacher I met in the Yukon - GonzoYT sent me an e-mail telling me I will have to come back when the true #1 came back online. And come back I did. It made it even better because there was an Anniversary Event cache and even a 5 Years Later cache. Nice how it all ties in together. Now I have only 5 more provinces and 25 states to get them all. Thanks for starting up geocaching in Alberta and western Canada.

Mountain_Wanderer Hudson, NH

Edited by Klondike Mike

Wow!

"64 states" (are you including in some European 'states'?);

"12 or even 13 Provinces" (are there some European 'Provinces' included too? Does this include Provence in France?);

and even an Ontario "County" at Thunder Bay ("40 hour drive" - from Barrie ?, perhaps by snowmobile!, or a COG Canoe?).

Where are the Geographers in this thread?

Is anyone including 'caching' in the "Geocaching Capital of Canada" in their records? They've had a Maple Fest Event, a Hallowe'en Event, and I now hear there's a 'Leprechaun' event in the works for March 17th, 2007.

I've made finds in BC, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec, but I doubt thhat is any kind of record.. but at the moment it seems like I am in the lead! :)

Thunder Bay isn't 40 hours from anywhere in Ontario. It is a long drive however, and a beautiful one. I recommend you make plans to do the trip, there are hundreds of caches a long the way especially in the Timmins area. ( Which would probably be halfway to Thunder Bay for you!!!!!!!)

Hey I like that idea Juicepig... find at least one cache in every region in Ontario. That would be a great way to see the province, especially since it is unlikely anyone would actually only find one on a trip.

Looking at the OGA map, it looks like there about 48 principle areas. One every weekend (yeah... sure)

But that would be an excellent Geo-Goal, to visit all Regions of Ontario.

Thanks for the idea... now to convince the wife.

:) The Blue Quasar

Here is something interesting, I think in regards to cache Hides in most provinces and territories, Dex4 may be the winner of that

He has hides in Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, British Columbia, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland

Plus New York state

AND Thailand, Vietnam, Laos!!

Interesting looking at the hide aspect as most of us dont have the unique position of being able to maintain caches this far away.

I was considering trying for one of his NB caches while I am out here but I may not have time.

Howver CasheKickers acheivment of almost every province and territory is commendable.