explorist 400

I recently bought a new explorist 400 because i thought my sportax wasnt showing accurate grids. But when i hold them side by side they both have differnt grids. there both pretty close but when i look at the accuracy on my explorist its showing between 43 to 60 ft. is there a way to make it more acurate. i tried reinitalizing it, and the same thing. so know i do not know which is correct. help please.

I suggest allowing the receiver to "bake" for half an hour. Find an open area with a good view of the sky, turn the receiver on, and let it sit for 30 mins. This will give the unit ample time to update its almanac and obtain WAAS corrections.

Also pay attention to how you hold the receiver when using it. The eXplorist uses a patch antenna, which works best when oriented horizontally, or flat. The SporTrak you were using before has a quad-helix antenna, which works best when oriented vertically.

I suggest allowing the receiver to "bake" for half an hour. Find an open area with a good view of the sky, turn the receiver on, and let it sit for 30 mins. This will give the unit ample time to update its almanac and obtain WAAS corrections.

Also pay attention to how you hold the receiver when using it. The eXplorist uses a patch antenna, which works best when oriented horizontally, or flat. The SporTrak you were using before has a quad-helix antenna, which works best when oriented vertically.

Ok thanks for that info.. ill let it BAKE before i try clearing it.