Garmin Venture CX or Magellan 500 Le

gkgraphics

Which is better the Garmin Venture CX or Magellan 500 Le?

I just bought the Magellan 500 Le package from Costco (comes with mapsend 3D). I thought this unit could do auto routing with this software but it can't. I also thought the battery life was 18 hours but apparently with the 3 AAA batteries it's only 11 (even less if you use the back light). I am trying to decide if I should return it and get a Garmin Venture CX with mapsoure. It has more than double the battery life and from what I have read it has better auto routing features. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

I just bought the Magellan 500 Le package from Costco (comes with mapsend 3D). I thought this unit could do auto routing with this software but it can't. I also thought the battery life was 18 hours but apparently with the 3 AAA batteries it's only 11 (even less if you use the back light). I am trying to decide if I should return it and get a Garmin Venture CX with mapsoure. It has more than double the battery life and from what I have read it has better auto routing features. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, good idea.

or you could get the lit-ion batterie seperate and uce batterie clip with le for back-up, just a thought.

I agree with briansnat. My eXplorist 400 is downright pokey when calculating a route, and I only have about 25MB of maps loaded. I have read here in the forums that Garmin's handhelds calculate routes much faster. If they're as fast as a co-worker's StreetPilot C320, I'll be in awe. The eX500 is a fine unit, but if I had to start from scratch, I'd probably go with the Venture Cx.