Fifth annual "Winchester Late Xmas Cache Bash"

paul.blitz

Well, doesn't time just fly by.... nearly 2007 already, which means that it's time to plan the NEXT "Winchester Late Xmas Cache Bash" (just rearrange the word order to make the version YOU prefer!)

As for the last four years, we'll be down the pub in Winchester on the LAST SUNDAY OF JANUARY (= 28th Jan 2007). We'll start with lunch, and then go caching, then back for more chat....

Not checked anything yet, but I'm hpoing for it to be in the same place as last time (and the time before) which means it's only about 4 minuted from the M3! If so, if you've not been there before, you'll have a LOAD of caches to do... there's the 2 from last year, and the one from the year before (and that's just MY caches!)... and I'm sure there will be another new one for the bash!

If anyone has any suggestions for "things to do" (quiz? silly games?) let me know!

Paul

Sorry for the lack of reply: been rather busy with doing Hospital Radio, plus being a bit ill.

Right, the "bash" is most definitely ON: Sunday 28th Jan at The Cart and Horses pub, outside Winchester (same place as last year and the year before). This year is our FIFTH year!

The pub opens its doors at 11am, and carvery lunch starts at 12 noon (as last year, the plan is for the majority of us to arrive early, ane eat as soon as possible)

The main food choice is Carvery (£7.95, if I remember right, cheaper for kids)... there's normally a choice of 3 meats (I am told Turkey, Beef and another, such as Pork or Gammon), plus you get loads of veg's too.

In addition, there is an "A la Carte" menu, which I'll scan in so you can see it. Children's portions are available.

You'll find the pub's website HERE!.

More details when I have worked out what they are! The Event cache is GC107BT.

If you are planning to come along, let me know on the cache page, (and how many for lunch, so I can give the pub a good idea on numbers).

Paul

Edited by paul.blitz

BUMP!

OK, guys, this event is only 8 days away, and so far I have had notes posted on the cache by 12 members requesting 20 carvery lunches.

Now, I'm sure more of you will be coming, so please go & post a note & say how many lunches you need, so I can let the pub know.

(some of you have commented above that you are planning to come... but if you want lunch, please go to the cache & post a note!):

GC107BT: Winchester Late Xmas Cache Bash

I've been out today, and have worked out some exercise for you, but I'm not sure if the cache can remain after the event though.

Paul

My train tickets are booked and the seats resurved.

Looking forward to event as i have not seen you Paul since that cache bash in Brum years ago!

I remember that day... it was good fun! And the tea round your place after was great!!!

Sadly you won't be seeing Mike, as he's working on Sunday

Paul

It was good to see you all again today... same time next year, same place?

I found out a bit more history about the collapsed building where the cache was from some people I met as I collected the cache at the end of the day.

It was called Kingsworthy House, and was probably used by the Navy during the war.

There was a fire some 10 or 15 years ago (the building would probably have been empty for some time by then) that gutted the building.

The gates you found as the first clue were indeed the driveway up to the house (and around the paddock... you may have seen the metal fencing).

Been looking in the 'net, but can't find anything more... so if anyone finds anything more, I'd love to know!

Paul