Taiwan Geocoin – Blue Magpie

sssooocool

Hi all,

My appreciation goes to Taiwan Geocaching forum members. After a series of discussions and exchanging ideas with them, I am proud to present you the first Taiwan Geocoin – Blue Magpie :( . If you are interested to have one or some, please click here. I have 100 pieces which can be shipped immediately. Thank you!

Taiwan%20Geocoin%20-%20Taiwan%20side%20official.JPGTaiwan%20Geocoin%20-%20Blue%20%20Magpie%20side%20official.JPG

Taiwan Geocoin – Blue Magpie

• 44mm (1.75”) x 3mm
  • Zinc alloy casting, gold plated
  • B enamel on both sides
  • 2.5D on both sides
  • Reeded edge
  • Trackable on geocaching.com
  • Activation code available
  • Icon Taiwan%20Geocoin%20Icon.gif

$ 9.00 per piece plus postage

International airmail - $ 3.00 for the first piece, $ 0.85 for each additional piece.

Paypal or credit card payment

Email address: sssooocool@hotmail.com

Thanks for you guys purchasing Taiwan Geocoin-Blue Magpie :laughing:

I've already sent out your Geocoin(s) with a note specifying the track number(s) and activation code(s) today from Taiwan

to who order on Dec 2 and Dec 3.

So you should be expecting them in 12-14 business days (hope Christmas will not impact).

sssooocool

Order before Dec 11 are sent out !!

Hi Nerves,

WoW, what did you do here? It's far away from Rhode Island !!

sssooocool

Taiwan was one of a few places I lived during my ahem, *formative* years. Went to Taipei American School for 11th and 12th grades. I still attend the reunions every 3 years.

Can't wait to get my coins! :(

Taiwan was one of a few places I lived during my ahem, *formative* years. Went to Taipei American School for 11th and 12th grades. I still attend the reunions every 3 years.

Can't wait to get my coins! :rolleyes:

There are a lot of cache around Yang Ming Mt. And it's also near TAS.

Welcome to do some cache hunting when next time you come to Taiwan !! :cool:

:D Thanks for everone's order & re-order. I got 250 Taiwan Geocoin - Blue Magpie geocoin at first and then there are 20 left now. :( This is your last chance to get the 1st Taiwan local GeoCoin !! Thanks again for all the compliments from you !!

Is there anyone notice a "cryptical design" which is related to "GeoCaching" on the Blue Magpie side -,-?

sssooocool

Is there anyone notice a "cryptical design" which is related to "GeoCaching" on the Blue Magpie side -,-?
Hint: Outside rim, branch and Magpie

I haven't got a clue. It's a nice coin but i don't see anything crytical about it. :rolleyes:

tot cache,

team Wij Drie :rolleyes:

no rereading hint - can't be teh black wingtip better get my glasses and try again

Edited by forthferalz

Thank you very much for your good words, orders and reorders.

Orders after Dec. 23 were shipped on Dec 26 & 28

2nd hint or answer: TWBM_Hint.JPG

Happy New Year !! :huh:

sssooocool

Well the only thing I noticed is that the coordinates are that of the Geographic center of Taiwan. And is and is 385 feet fromGCQ7H8 .

Edit: Wrong side of the coin!

Edited by stepshep

Thank you very much for your good words, orders and reorders.

Orders after Dec. 23 were shipped on Dec 26 & 28

2nd hint or answer: TWBM_Hint.JPG

Happy New Year !! :blink:

sssooocool

Well the only thing I noticed is that the coordinates are that of the Geographic center of Taiwan. And is and is 385 feet fromGCQ7H8 .

Edit: Wrong side of the coin!

Hi,

Before production, we had a discussion with cachers in Taiwan ceocaching forum and decide to use official geographic center coordinate. GCQ7H8 can not be located exactly on the geographic certer because of this. Thanks for mention this :drama:

sssooocool

I have been asked to explain where the logo is on the coin... so here goes.

It takes up the entire side of the coin! The outer (purple) circle of the coin, along with the branch and the blue magpie form the Leatherman variation of the public Geocaching logo (the GX). A very cleaver design!

Edited by keewee01

I have been asked to explain where the logo is on the coin... so here goes.

It takes up the entire side of the coin! The outer (purple) circle of the coin, along with the branch and the blue magpie form the Leatherman variation of the public Geocaching logo (the GX). A very cleaver design!

Congratulations !! :D You have the right answer of our design !! Please PM me your name and address for

"secret gift" :laughing:

The%20Answer%20of%20Blue%20Magpie.jpg

sssooocool