tb kidnappers

therat

Well unless you've received a ransom note I wouldn't be calling people TB kidnappers.

The current holder is in the military so I'm not sure how busy they are at the moment and may not be able to get out geocaching.

Send them a very nice and polite email asking if they need any assistance placing the bug, and if you don't hear from them right away, then I would suggest waiting.

First you look at the profile, you see this cacher has found 10 caches since joining quite a while ago. So you know they don't get out much. Then you see they are in the Air Force. And you hope that the next move could be a really cool long jump. But there probably is not a lot of free time to go caching. Then you wonder what the weather was like on their days off, then you look when they found your bug and see it wasn't really that long ago, then you wonder if they've had any time to get out and go caching, then you send them one happy nice email and thank them for picking up your travel bug and politely inquire when they might drop it again. Then you hope for an answer, and wait. There isn't much else to do. Sometimes bugs don't move for a long time.

What you don't do is send them any emails accusing them of kidnapping the bug. You don't know what their life is like. Not everyone caches all the time. Does that mean they can't play all aspects of the game? No, they should be able to enjoy it too. Be nice in your communications with them. You may get a response.

First you look at the profile, you see this cacher has found 10 caches since joining quite a while ago. So you know they don't get out much. Then you see they are in the Air Force. And you hope that the next move could be a really cool long jump. But there probably is not a lot of free time to go caching. Then you wonder what the weather was like on their days off, then you look when they found your bug and see it wasn't really that long ago, then you wonder if they've had any time to get out and go caching, then you send them one happy nice email and thank them for picking up your travel bug and politely inquire when they might drop it again. Then you hope for an answer, and wait. There isn't much else to do. Sometimes bugs don't move for a long time. ....

Very nice.

My problem is the opposite, I have a popular cache for this area and cacxhers leave travel bugs. Problem is, the next cacher to the cache finds no travel bug. This has happened at least 5 times. I keep checking the cache and lo and bahold, no t.b.'s. Somebody nearby is watching listings and getting there as soon as a find has been posted. I considered archiving the cache for a while but with the weather here being nice it's good caching days. HELP!

My problem is the opposite, I have a popular cache for this area and cacxhers leave travel bugs. Problem is, the next cacher to the cache finds no travel bug. This has happened at least 5 times. I keep checking the cache and lo and bahold, no t.b.'s. Somebody nearby is watching listings and getting there as soon as a find has been posted. I considered archiving the cache for a while but with the weather here being nice it's good caching days. HELP!

Your cache is fine. There was somebody who reported taking a bug and didn't log it out. I'd send them an email asking them to log it.

Ok, we have the same problem, only it's been almost twice as long since our bug was picked up, the cacher hasn't responded to several emails and hasn't found a cache since August. Should we call our TB dead and start over? 6 months seems like a long time to have a TB and not at least stick it in a local cache. Any advice?

Looks like they've gone TC.

Actually in this case you want to wait a year before re-releasing. Maybe if the cache it was sitting in was confirmed lost you could go sooner, but not for a Held.

Maybe get a couple more bugs going in the meantime.

Keep emailing them every month, offer to pay for shipping, mention sick kids, etc. (Above all, be nice)