Weatherproof Micro Container at Walgreens

Outspoken1

Well, I have discovered in the past month that it is as much fun to hide caches as it is to find them! I hid three micro caches (in small parks) and really enjoy getting the logs in my email.

Anyway, I was at Walgreens yesterday and at the register display there were aluminum pillcases for your keychain already camouflaged! The containers have a screwtop with a O-ring gasket and there was a real-tree type camo one and a leopard spot one (good for dead grasses and pine needles). They cost $5.00 each. A 1" scroll log fits easily in the cap.

Have fun, everyone,

Outspoken1

Well, I have discovered in the past month that it is as much fun to hide caches as it is to find them! I hid three micro caches (in small parks) and really enjoy getting the logs in my email.

Anyway, I was at Walgreens yesterday and at the register display there were aluminum pillcases for your keychain already camouflaged! The containers have a screwtop with a O-ring gasket and there was a real-tree type camo one and a leopard spot one (good for dead grasses and pine needles). They cost $5.00 each. A 1" scroll log fits easily in the cap.

Have fun, everyone,

Outspoken1

The plastic ones are only $2.75. They are sold under the EZ Dose brand.

f1ea2753-6d0d-4fdc-b735-f7c0e5a74015.jpg

I Like your sig line.

Similar containers spotted on Wal-Mart pharmacy counter, only they are traditional brushed aluminum. They are similar to the little nitro pill bottles only about 3x as large.

I recently got 6 stainless steel "pill fobs" on E Bay for $9.00 total plus shipping. They have the O ring and a small pill container with a thread on lid that fits inside. Overall they are about 1" long.

Have fun, everyone,

Outspoken1

The plastic ones are only $2.75. They are sold under the EZ Dose brand.

f1ea2753-6d0d-4fdc-b735-f7c0e5a74015.jpg

I have been using those very same EZ Dose containers. They are great! I found them at Kroger for 99 cents (regular price, not a sale). If you have a Kroger with a pharmacy you might want to check it out. edit- Oops! I didn't see Spencersb's post!

Edited by rogueleader1977

Have fun, everyone,

Outspoken1

I checked my local Walgreens, but didn't see any camo'd pill containers. Darn! Sounded like a neat idea.

Wow! I found a cache using one of these and thought it was a great container. I was considering emailing the cache owner to find out where to get one. It's about the size of a film canister (ok a little smaller in diameter) but much more water tight. The top threads on neatly and securely and fits with a rubber gasket to keep the contents dry. The one I found was hidden on the ground in the leaf litter and the log was completely dry. It was one of the black ones and even though the finish is glossy, it disappeared completely in the leaf litter. I went out and got a couple of these now that I know where to find them. The first Walgreens didn't have them but the second one had them back by prescriptions. :laughing:

They didn't have any camo. They had blue, red, black, and I think silver. All glossy/shiny. At the front register they had one with some camo and a deer pictured on it. Same container but cost more for the design. I think the black will do nicely and a little camo tape will work if it needs to be better disguised.

Thanks for the heads up on where to find these.

Edited by jackrock