a thought for A new trade item!

While geo-caching i have noticed some pretty neat team cards and have made a card of my own.

was wondering if there has ever been any thought of perhaps making Trading cards so that they may be collected and traded not unlike baseball cards. My thought is this. On the profile page there could be a

spot where if you chose to print a trading card based on the info you provided or didn't provide plus an image. then you could laminate the card and leave it in caches for others to collect or keep some in the caches you own or simply trade them with other geo cachers at geo caching events. this way it could keep all the trading cards uniformily sized and designed.

Just a thought after seeing some of the work put into the business card sized team cards i have seen in our area.

kreedster

While geo-caching i have noticed some pretty neat team cards and have made a card of my own.

was wondering if there has ever been any thought of perhaps making Trading cards so that they may be collected and traded not unlike baseball cards. My thought is this. On the profile page there could be a

spot where if you chose to print a trading card based on the info you provided or didn't provide plus an image. then you could laminate the card and leave it in caches for others to collect or keep some in the caches you own or simply trade them with other geo cachers at geo caching events. this way it could keep all the trading cards uniformily sized and designed.

Just a thought after seeing some of the work put into the business card sized team cards i have seen in our area.

kreedster

It's not a new idea and it often gets a lot of negative response when it come up in the forums. I think it is a good idea if it were to be done well. However, the cache containers used for these items would have to be good quality if they are to stay dry. Laminating is a help but is not perfect. If the container is not good, or even if the weather is not good at the time of opening, means wet, nasty paper in the cache. I doubt if your idea of printing cards from the web page will ever come to pass but software to print cards of many sizes is readily available at little or no cost.

kreedster

If you wanted to get some real cards made I would use this company http://www.mintcards.cc/big1.php?id=659 . These are an example of cards that I had made a couple of years ago. The quality looks and feels like real baseball cards. They are totally customized to your specs and the pricing is reasonable. As you can see on the back of mine you can even put a sponsor and their logo if you can find someone to foot the bill for you.

I pretty much agree that the idea is a good one, but the implementation might be too difficult. What I would do if I wanted to try to make it happen is come up with 10 or 20 different cards of your own and distribute them in local caches, and just see if it caught on. Who knows, it might.