NS - geocaching Cellphones

TheBadger

To my knowledge, there are no GPS enabled cellphones in Canada right now. I am a tech geek and am pretty sure I would have seen something about it if there was one. www.howardforums.com is a good place for cellphone information all over the world.

Here's a thread in the Rogers forum of that site...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1038779

Edited by Bzzliteyr

To my knowledge, there are no GPS enabled cellphones in Canada right now. I am a tech geek and am pretty sure I would have seen something about it if there was one. www.howardforums.com is a good place for cellphone information all over the world.

Here's a thread in the Rogers forum of that site...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1038779

Really? GPS Central and GPS CITY both sell GPS enabled Smartphones, Those are not the same? And I know of three geocachers here in Quebec who have Cellular GPSs and pocket PC combo and use them all the time to log caches, they are ussually the first ones logged in at events caches, but I'm not sure if this is the same thing. :blink:

Edited by AV Dezign

If you look at the site it only lists 3 service providers that the service will work for. All appear to be US, none for Canada. I would dump that idea and look at using the WAP site. You can do everything there you want and you are not going to have to pay any more above your web use on the phone and you can get some pretty good plans now.

Joe