Stolen Cache

BillP3rd

My cache Homework Comes First (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=gcrzm7) has apparently been stolen from the library. I received the email below from the reference librarian. I'm particularly surprised (and dismayed) because when the librarians placed the book on the shelf it was prepared as any other library book including the anti-theft device.

Should the culprit see this and be so inclined I'd appreciate its return. Just drop it in the outside book drop.

Hi Bill,

Today someone was looking for the geocache. When she asked for help, we discovered that both the capsule and the actual logbook are gone. I'm copying this to other library staff members in hopes that they will show up, but I wanted to let you know right away. The last entry on the website was dated November 15th.

If it doesn't turn up, I hope you will replace both items. The geocache has been very popular and has not had any negative impact on the library whatsoever. Of all the people who have signed the book, I've been aware of only one or two.

I'll keep you posted.

Laurie Finlayson

Reference Librarian

Renton Public Library

Edited by BillP3rd

Ohhh, I am sorry to hear that. Its one of my faves! Hopefully is it lost within the library somewhere...

Ditto. I finally did it a couple of months ago, and was impressed with both the cache and the library. I agree with the librarian - I hope you will decide to replace it if the current cache doesn't turn up.

Since you mentioned that it has the anti-theft device in place, I'd bet someone shelved it in a different location in the library. Maybe it will turn up some time.

Still a bummer to see it missing, but FANTASTIC that the staff is so supportive of it. One of my kids' favorite caches is in a library...complete with trading items.

This one sounds like a great cache spot!!

My cache Homework Comes First (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=gcrzm7) has apparently been stolen from the library. I received the email below from the reference librarian. I'm particularly surprised (and dismayed) because when the librarians placed the book on the shelf it was prepared as any other library book including the anti-theft device.

Should the culprit see this and be so inclined I'd appreciate its return. Just drop it in the outside book drop.

Hi Bill,

Today someone was looking for the geocache. When she asked for help, we discovered that both the capsule and the actual logbook are gone. I'm copying this to other library staff members in hopes that they will show up, but I wanted to let you know right away. The last entry on the website was dated November 15th.

If it doesn't turn up, I hope you will replace both items. The geocache has been very popular and has not had any negative impact on the library whatsoever. Of all the people who have signed the book, I've been aware of only one or two.

I'll keep you posted.

Laurie Finlayson

Reference Librarian

Renton Public Library

Sounds like you have a great cache there. The location is compromised but with some help from your clearly enthusiastic librarian you could replace it in another spot, and I would.

Great job. IT's good to read comments like what the librian had to say. It's about worth the price of a lost cache.