RAM 6" Flex Arm Mount

http://www.ram-mount.com/gps_mounts/rap105...1056224ga12.htm

I am thinking this may be the ticket for me for taking in/out of 3 vehicles. Anyone have one of these setups? I need the pros and cons. Thanks.

I haven't personally used it, but a buddy of mine got one for his cell phone and we put it through a stress test of sorts at the office. The suction cup holds well and with apparent strength and ease. But like all suction cups, they still need reseating every now and then. How often this is required will depend largely on how clean your glass is. On a highly polished desk, it held for 20 minutes before a slight tap was able to knock it loose. Before that, this could have easily withstood the rigors of a rough off-road. I pulled and tugged at it from different angles with my 240 lbs worth of rearend to no avail.

I have been using this set up for the last few years; with a MeriPlat and now with a 76csx. I have never had a problem. It stayed on on summer through the hot and humid weather on trips down the coast and into GA...and New England winters. I really do not think you can go wrong. Also, the wuick release, as shown with the 76csx, it is a great item to have also on the RAM system...quick release, to tuck away when parked. or to pass to the passenger co-pilot.

MagRamMod.jpg

RAM%20EZMount76csx.jpg

Edited by Dirtnapper

I got the flex-arm (drive a honda pilot) and love it. Suction cup has been on strong for a few months now without any budge. It's very easy to take on & off if you want. Some complain of vibration, but I just curved the flex-arm into an S-shape, such that the bottom of the GPS mount just touches the dash -- no vibration at all. I love it. It's a sleek look, and it sits right off to the side of my steering wheel where I can see it without moving my head when driving, and the flex-arm isn't so bulky as to be annoying.

Jim

I have that exact setup for a Garmin 2610 still in the bags. I'm still using the suction cup with a ram mount and cradle for my big 2610 and it works great. I mount it high under the rear view mirror and it holds really well. I noticed the flexible arm has a smaller suction cup with it, maybe 3". I'm currently using a much bigger one, more like 4". Maybe I'll toss my GArmin V on the extra mount. Shootist

I just got one of these for my 60CSx. The suction cup looks good and the mount is solid, but the cradle for the 60CSx is very difficult to release the GPS unit from the cradle. It is nowhere near as easy as the garmin cradle to release.

Am I missing something with this unit? Seems that once the belt clip button is locked into the hole for it, there is just no easy way to release that.

Anyone have suggestions? I really like this mount except for the cradle.