Caching Photos

Woodlit

I watch the general forums and hardly a week goes by where somebody starts a topic about posting photos for their cool caches, and awesome caching adventures.

I love to look through the images, and I always get excited when i see some place I would really like to visit. Then of course the cache is always at least 800 miles away :laughing:

So lets see some photos of excellent views and caches in the northeast. So now when we see something we really take interest to, it is possible to acctually get in the car and go see it first hand :laughing:

c089cbdc-3ff7-4bb6-99d7-025804200c11.jpg

GCQHMD Dock's End

d0ead92c-2f87-4b22-80b6-c646bf65a204.jpg

GCQHM3 GreenPond's Longview

ce766f7a-c285-48ec-bfbc-46b34bfd877b.jpg

GCWXCT Darness in the middle of the wood

edit: added another picture

Edited by Woodlit

Here are my favorite cache views. They were taken from the following caches:

1). Bearbait

2). FEARGUS I

3). Trailhound was here!

4). Dogz Kittatinny Cache

5). Aye Caramba!!

6). In The Rocks of Gibralter

7). The Other Side

8). Sparta Valley View

9). Buttcracker Suite

And a few second shots for good measure. :huh:

b47fa169-4247-4ad9-ac1c-cf3a63f66560.jpg

Edited by Team Rampant Lion

Interesting sfumato effect due to lifting fog, taken at Interstate 81S Rest Area TB Hotel .

cdced7e1-184e-41a2-ac99-ef0aa4cfe539.jpg

Spotted as we walked back to the truck after finding NEPAG #3 - "Wayne Garrett" Cache .

cb2d5971-6f30-4d0f-b84b-7a19f3d53ec1.jpg

Somtimes it's the little things that catch one's eye, like the wet leaves on the ground at Kyle's Cache .

4f28b406-27f2-4360-8bc4-b3dd9d7fea68.jpg

And sometimes it's something a bit larger that makes you stop and stare. Here's a true-color picture of Lake Yellow-Boy .

e813bf4b-7a4f-43fe-8685-311ead38cb90.jpg

And sometimes it's something a bit larger that makes you stop and stare. Here's a true-color picture of Lake Yellow-Boy .

e813bf4b-7a4f-43fe-8685-311ead38cb90.jpg

That can't be natural! :D

Who wants to go for a swim! :D

That can't be natural! :o

Who wants to go for a swim! :D

Oh, but it is! That's one of the perks of living in an area with acid mine runoff. Click the link above the photo to get to the cache page and see other pictures of the lake.

Oh it's natural if you live in an area scarred by the coal mining industy...Lake Yellow Boy is our cache & we placed it to bring people out to see an awesome sight. Pictues are great & we are pleased that PALAD's "Classic View" made the banner!!! :D

But all in all, Acid Mine Drainage (AMD) is a big environmental problem in PA & this was the best first hand, public view, we could offer. Enjoy but maybe think of the consequences or even a solution. For more information about eastern PA's AMD problems/solutions, check out http://www.orangewaternetwork.org/

FrenchfrynFrosty

:D

Edited by frenchfrynfrosty

The amazing Manunka Chunk Tunnels has been well documented as one of the most amazing places to visit for a cache, but this photo documents one of the more memorable moments of that trip - the eerie feeling as you emerge on the other side of those tunnels and feel like you've stepped out of a time machine into a much different place and time on the other side.

9788db3e-503c-4657-91b0-c9b529c16bc9.jpg