Watchlist and logs and adopting a cache

pppingme

Currently when a cache is "adopted", there are no log entries generated, nor are users who have that cache on their watchlist notified.

This is a feature request for when caches are adopted that a log entry gets generated and users who have it on their watchlist get notified.

Why?

Because if I'm watching a cache, I'm probably interested in ALL aspects of that particular cache.

I've seen a lot of caches get disabled, then re-enabled when they probably shouldn't have (still in bad shape). If on the other hand someone else adopts the cache, then there's a good chance that the cache has (at least for now) been maintained and brought up to a better standard.

I add caches to my watch list when they are probably a cache I want to visit (or that I have dnf'd), but based on the logs don't sound like they are up to par. I watch them and then try to find them when I think they have been returned back to par. In this case, knowing an adoption happened is usually a good thing.

Why?

Because if I'm watching a cache, I'm probably interested in ALL aspects of that particular cache.

I've seen a lot of caches get disabled, then re-enabled when they probably shouldn't have (still in bad shape). If on the other hand someone else adopts the cache, then there's a good chance that the cache has (at least for now) been maintained and brought up to a better standard.

I add caches to my watch list when they are probably a cache I want to visit (or that I have dnf'd), but based on the logs don't sound like they are up to par. I watch them and then try to find them when I think they have been returned back to par. In this case, knowing an adoption happened is usually a good thing.

It's been my experience that most caches are in disabled status when adopted, and the new owners don't enable the cache until they've repaired it. In some cases, someone may move away from an area, and the active cache are adopted by someone else. But in those cases, there's no real change in the cache's status, other than ownership.