[PRE-ORDER] Bookcrossing geocoin

wilde-maus

Is the coin sanctioned by Bookcrossing? Seems like they would need to give the ok.

An excellent question! I would also like to know if this is sanctioned by Bookcrossing.com :ph34r: If not, it might actually be illegal in the U.S., due to copyright violation.

We asked Bookcrossing.com and they approved the use of the name "bookcrossing" and the URL on the coin. They didn't approve the "running bookcrossing book", that's why you will not find it on the coin. So... you can buy this coin without being afraid of doing something illegal :ph34r:.

Ron (my-geocoin.com)

Is the coin sanctioned by Bookcrossing? Seems like they would need to give the ok.

An excellent question! I would also like to know if this is sanctioned by Bookcrossing.com :ph34r: If not, it might actually be illegal in the U.S., due to copyright violation.

We asked Bookcrossing.com and they approved the use of the name "bookcrossing" and the URL on the coin. They didn't approve the "running bookcrossing book", that's why you will not find it on the coin. So... you can buy this coin without being afraid of doing something illegal :ph34r:.

Ron (my-geocoin.com)

Excellent! :anibad: You should put that information on the website ordering form, so that everyone will know that this has been approved by bookcrossing.com. What's funny is that there isn't a mention of this on their website (I'm a member), so I wasn't sure. Maybe you can write up a short item and see if Ron Hornbaker will run it; he likes stuff like that, I think.