Geowoodstock V

wimseyguy

Registration is now open. :blink: Please Read On

Please help spread the word that registration is a must for people to ensure they get a meal voucher.

To register go to the Registration Page. You MUST have an id on the geowoodstock5 site and be logged in. If you get an error following this link, it most likely means that you don't have an id or are not logged in.

Also, please, please take your time and read the registration page over carefully and the pages that follow. There is a lot of information there. If you have ANY questions, shoot me an email and I'll respond asap.

DO NOT think you can register twice (or more) for family or team member. If you do you will be replacing the data you saved with your first registration and we won't know what shirt size you wanted (if you are registering at the Extended level) and we won't know all your names.

ONLY REGISTER AND PAY ONCE! You can return and view your registration details and you can update them, but you can not create a 2nd using the same id on the GW site!

Teams register separately but put your team name down and it will be on your name tag. You will have separate registration packets.

Families register together and enter all family member names. You can order extra t-shirts (if desired) through the online store that will open in early February. Everything will be in your single registration packet to make it simple.

Let me know of any problems or question. I will get back to you asap but have patience during the initial rush and later on.

To encourage early Extended registration, we are offering a couple of free logo'd surprises to the first 200 PAID Extended Registration and one logo'd surprise to the first 300-500 PAID Extended registrations. Extended Registration will bump to $16 in the last month and registration will be turned off a couple weeks before the event so get your reservation in now. The GeoWoodstock site has a FAQ that I'll keep updating as I answer questions - read it over if in doubt about anything.

The Online Store will open in early February (or sooner if I get time).

I know we'll still have mistakes and issues so just be patient. We'll get it all worked out for you and have an awesome time in May!

bump +

Less than 2 months away - 60 days to go! :o

We want to remind everyone that we need for you to register at www.geowoodstock5.com so we know for sure how many people will be coming.

Registration is FREE! All you have to do is create a website id and Register for the event. You can also purchase shirts and GW5 coins at that website. All for pickup at the event.

Registering guarantees you a meal ticket. We'll try to feed anyone that shows up, but if you do NOT have a meal ticket, you may be asked to wait until after everyone else has gone through once.

Please help us make sure this word gets out to your local organizations and members so we purchase/cook enough for everyone.

Thanks! :blink:

We will be placing the orders for t-shirts next week.

Extras in each size will be ordered, but some sizes will only have a few extra ordered for onsite purchase.

For example, we have only received about 16 orders so far for the 2 youth size t-shirts, 25 adult small and 55 adult medium. Therefore, we will probably only order a very small number of extras and turn off those sizes in the online store early next week

If you want a t-shirt and don't wear a Large, XL or 2X size, you probably should order from the online store in the next few days to be sure you get one.

More obligatory announcements...

Anyone registering for the event after 4/26 (one month prior to the event) may NOT receive a bag or lanyard. We have to order these now and do not plan to order extras.

Registration for meal tickets will remain open until 7-10 days prior to the event.

Coins

They are in production. If we approach the number ordered, we'll turn off online sales of these also. Any remaining will be available at the event.

Travel Bugs

As the travel bug droppings increase, please review the instructions for travel bug packaging/labeling and exchange posted on the www.geowoodstock5.com website front page.

These procedures will help us move the little critters on their way. It isn't much to do, but if you don't have time, please drop off the bugs elsewhere and don't bring them to GW5.

Our volunteers are giving a lot of their time and we don't want them to spend more time packaging and sorting the bugs you bring when they could be having fun of their own.

Thanks in advance for you help with this.

Store Sales

We will be accepting cash and travelers checks only. There is an ATM at the fairgrounds within walking distance for those that don't want to carry lots of cash on the road. I don't even think it charges a fee although your bank may. There will be lots of additional merchandise available from Groundspeak and others.

One last update:

Online registration will close sometime on Saturday May 19th. Not sure when but I wouldn't put it off if you haven't done it yet, I get up early! :huh:

Creating an id on the www.geowoodstock5.com website is NOT registering for the event.

...There are still people who have posted "Will Attend's" that have not registered for the event on our site.

...There are others who have obtained an id on the site, but have not registered for the event on the Register page (button on upper left of every page).

If you haven't registered before Saturday 5/19, you will NOT receive one of the free meal tickets :rolleyes: and may not get to enjoy the fantastic meal that horsegeeks, mrsbillwolf1 and a host of volunteers are preparing and serving to the attendees. B)

T-shirts look great, coins are on the way, other items are very cool!

11 more days!

Well, I don't have to wait much longer to see you there; FIVE MORE DAYS. As Dave has already pointed out, registration is now closed. We had to draw a line somewhere so we could finalize our orders for food, and equipment. The official total for this MEGA event is 1833 registered attendees. :):cry::(

I know that a few who planned to attend, have had last minute conflicts, and some will likely show up who never registered, despite repeated requests to do so, or have just realized this week that they are missing out.

But I'm pretty confident that we'll have over 1800 geocachers in one place mid day Saturday. I hope someone remembers to take a picture. :(