Container Consensus?

Clan Riffster

I've found a few caches constructed in a similar manner, made from white pvc water pipe, black sewer pipe, and metal pipes. The containers seemed to function well as cache containers keeping the contents relatively well protected from the elements, with the plastic pipes functioning a bit better than the metal. The problem I could see with them was their appearance to a non-cacher who might stumble onto one - nearly every one I've found could easily be mistaken for a pipe bomb. Not a really good idea for 'camo', and a sure way to get your cache destroyed by the local bomb squad. If the authorities do figure out the original intent of the container, the repercussions to the cache owner, or the local caching community, could be unpleasant.

My two cents.

Keep on Caching - Kewaneh

In my own experience I have never found a PVC pipe cache that was dry at the time I found it or had never experienced water damage in the past. In most cases the logbook was a moldy mess and the contents were fouled. However, it does help it seems to invert the PVC cache with the cap down to keep moisture from going directly into the threading when hiding or rehiding. They may work in some dryer climates, but not here in the Midwest US. And as Kewaneh points out they do look too much like a pipe bomb.