Geocoin theme caches

The Justice League of NM

I have one called the Geocoin Bank-GCXWNY. It works good sometimes to keep coins in, but most of the time a geocoin is traded out for other items. I didn't want this to be a geocoin prison though. I can say there may or may not be geocoins in it right now since I just got my personal coin made :mad: .

It's never been muggled either!

Edited by redtailfalconer

About 6 months ago I placed a cache with about a dozen unactivated coins in it. I asked only that people trade reasonably for the coins, but not specifically coin for coin. It was really fun to watch and many people took coins and placed coins. It took maybe 3 months for the coins to all disappear which was honestly better than I expected. At some point I will try it again.

I have visited a few "geocoin" caches. They make me nervous for the reason stated earlier - they can dissappear along with the coins they contain. I had one ot two coins dissappear from a geocoin prison in the Atlanta area when it was stolen. I've also had quite a few move safely through another Atlanta area geocoin prison.

There is a local geocoin prison (NC) that seems to be doing pretty well. The real geocoins are swapped pretty regularly while the geocoin substitutes (laminated paper / wooden nickel with coin's picture) seem to be stuck there. (I have noticed a tendancy for the geocoin wanna,-but-won't-ever-be's to find their way into coin caches.)

The geocoin caches in New Jersey have had mixed results, one near me got muggled with coins in it and a South Jersey had a thief visit it. Not sure how others are faring.

Mine is still doing pretty well but it is not getting the amount of hits i had hoped for so there just isnt a lot of movement. Thinking about changing it up shortly.

Jayman11