Funny Anminal's whilst Caching

Since we are out and about alot hunting these caches it dawned on me that we must see some anmials doing strange or funny things, so i though it would start this thread so the storys can be spred from some light entertainment

one things that i rember is a woodpecker not realising all things that stick up are not always mage of wood. By attacking a metal post. Last year a bird forgotten what type laning on a frozen canal and suddeneley realising that ice is slippy.

Adrian.

I recently watched a seagull standing in one place and stamping its feet really fast.

I have never seen this before and I can only imagine that the worms think its raining

and come to the surface.

Funny thing was, I saw another one doing it the next week in a completely different place.

I recently watched a seagull standing in one place and stamping its feet really fast.

I have never seen this before and I can only imagine that the worms think its raining

and come to the surface.

Funny thing was, I saw another one doing it the next week in a completely different place.

Isn't that called the 100th monkey effect? :D

and come to the surface.

This is a common sight round this way and you are right they are making worms think it is raining.

and come to the surface.

This is a common sight round this way and you are right they are making worms think it is raining.

But has anybody ever seen a seagull doing this in the rain? :D

... where you can see deer :P and prezwalski :) wild horses (though not actually wild) .. :) .

Knettishall Heath Country Park GC89C9 also has deer and Perzwalski's Wild Horses and in addition there is the Norfolk Wildlife Trust's Flying Flock of Shetland, Black Welsh Mountain, Herdwick and Hebridean sheep - unfortunately they never seem to be flying while I'm around. :D

Visited The Old Mines GC4E74 on Tuesday and saw not only Red Deer but Red Squirrels and a group of seals, each of whom was perched on top of its own large boulder along the shore; not sure whether they were a pod, spring or plum, obviously they were not a raft of seals as they were all out of the sea. :wub:

Edited by Jango & Boba Fett

My favourite animal spotted whilst caching was this character, on my way to Burn Foot.

I think my favourite comedy animal experience was up in Edinburgh, after doing What A Capital View. I was sitting in the car when I spotted a little robin hopping and pecking his way around the car park. All of a sudden he flew of and went *wallop* into a lamppost. Luckily for him he bounced back from it like he was made of rubber, and then just stood there for a few moments looking slightly shellshocked. Then he flew off and did exactly the same thing again...and again. Took him four attempts to get airborne, and I'm amazed he didn't knock himself out.

and come to the surface.

It's a very rare sight in Scotland. They don't usually need to do it.... :surprise: