New Explorist 500 User - Question

Images4U

I've upgraded from the Explorist 200 to the 210, & now the 500. I've been reading through the detail manual, but can't seem to find answers. Thanks for any help you can give.

1. The manual says that when the explorist is first turned on, the backlight is always set to low. When I turn mine on, it is always turned to high. Then I have to manually set it to low each time. I tried to set the Light Timer to 30 seconds so it would automatically turn off. But when I do that, then every time I zoom in or out, the backlight comes on in high for 30 seconds. Is there a setting some where, other than the Light Timer, that controls this?

2. I tried a "Goto" to "Work" this morning. I got the normal dotted line from my current position arrow to the "Goto". But I also got a double orange line from where I engaged the Goto to the "Goto location". I've never seen this before. What is this & is there an option to turn off.

3. When I was playing with the unit last night, I found a screen where you checked all these items that you want to show on the screen. I can't find this screen again. ???

Thanks again for the help.

1. I think what you see is what you get. I just keep my light timer at 30 seconds or a minute. The two controls you mentioned are the only influences you have...no secrets to reveal (unless I've missed them myself).

2 and 3. Menu/map setup/display. The orange line is the Departure-Destination line, which I think many people prefer to toggle off at this screen. It's the only one on that screen that I have unchecked.