Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
Sherman T. Potter

Has anyone seen a "geocaching" tirecover?

21 posts in this topic

Since quite a few of us drive Jeeps and other SUVs that have tailgate-mounted spares....I was wondering if anyone has found/made/designed a geocaching-themed tire cover for their rig? Any leads would be appreciated.

Nate

Thats not such a bad idea at all.

I am in the market for a geocaching themed tire cover myself.

Now that I think more about it, would I go for a general geocaching logo design? or a design that says "caution: geocacher. drives irratic, makes sudden turns and frequent stops."

or a design that says "caution: geocacher. drives irratic, makes sudden turns and frequent stops."
\

How about "Caution Geocacher: This car will stop suddenly next to a lamp post for no apparent reason.

You just need to come to Michigan

SkipHerr

Tire%20Cover.JPG

Craig333

b643b6e5-bb84-4c4b-9fd4-c1b5115214dd.jpg

Even though I'm currently serving time in West Texas......my Jeep sports Michigan plates. My wife is in the Air Force so she gets to keep the plates from her home state..which is MI.

Where did your group have the tire covers made? Maybe it's something GC.com couls offer if there was enough interest.

I'm surprized Jeep doesn't offer something related to geocaching!

I don't know where they got their tire covers but you can email them through their GC.com profiles. Both are super friendly and very helpful. Just let them know I got them their 15 minutes of fame in the GC.com forums :D.

SkipHerr

Craig333

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

I emailed "All Things Jeep" about the possibility of designing a geocaching tire cover. They were interested in adding one to their inventory. I sent them the ideas you mentioned in this forum as well as a few of my own ides. Hopefully, we can all sport fancy new tire covers soon. :D

I know you know this, but make sure you run any idea that uses the logo in mass production through Groundspeak for approval. You can make a single cover yourself by painting the logo, for example, but mass production requires Groundspeak approval. I would bet that they know that since I am sure they deal with trademarked logos anyway.

If you go to a custom car painting place they can do it for you. My husband had one made for me years ago from a photo of a moose.

I don't know about copyright issues!

If you go to a custom car painting place they can do it for you. My husband had one made for me years ago from a photo of a moose.

I don't know about copyright issues!

I'll bet that the moose was cool with his image being used without permission! :laughing::unsure:

Here's the tire cover for my GJTB

89e19b90-5db5-4227-a2bf-c95d935a70ef.jpg

And look everybody if you go to the page for that GJTB it says if you see it, log it....Everybody here sees it but if you log it Moosemob will delete your log

And look everybody if you go to the page for that GJTB it says if you see it, log it....Everybody here sees it but if you log it Moosemob will delete your log

well, you technically only saw a picture.......

anyway, what I want to know is how someone gets a green jeep TB assigned to them as the owner!! That right there is pretty darn cool!

well, you technically only saw a picture.......

DID I SEE IT???

DID I SEE IT???

Did your caps lock break?

How did you get this made? Do you have a company that does this kind of thing you can post a link to?

I went to http://www.sparetirecovers.com/

If your use a photo, make sure you have a very high resolution photo. There will be some pixilation, but it looks fine when you are 15 feet away.

In the two weeks I have had this, I have had a couple folks honk and wave their GPS out the window as they came by.

That's pretty cool, at first I thought it was photoshopped! :blink::laughing:

Since it wasn't there when we discovered that magnificent TB of yours! :blink:

We've had a few people honk with the GPS in hand a couple of times, just from the stickers in the back window.

I know somebody up here has the GBES petro dude logo on thier tire cover, just don't remember who it was? :blink:

OK, so I'm not so current on the forums, thank you DeRock & The Psychic Cacher for the shout out, two years ago.

Both of the MiGO tire coves shown above were hand painted in my workshop by yours truly. I couldn't find anything that I liked, so I made one myself. I also made one for Craig333, a longtime caching buddy up in the great white north. It's not that hard, only involves a few supplies and a few beverages. My tire cover is still going strong after 2+ years. I would be more than happy to share the how to if anyone is still interested.

Skip