CacheStats 2.0

abcdmCachers

CacheStats version 2.0 is now available. You can learn more about it and download here:

http://www.logicweave.com/cachestats.html

For those of you not yet familiar with CacheStats, this program analyzes your "My Finds" Pocket Query and reports lots of interesting facts like your find rate over the years, caching streaks, most finds in one day, most days cached in a month, etc. It also helps you find and record your FTFs, record your favorite caches in several categories, and provides a goal calculator. And if you want the whole world to know how much of a caching nut you are, you can export your statistics to HTML and paste them into your geocaching profile.

New in 2.0:

• Lots more statistics including days cached (how often would you say you go caching on average? CacheStats will tell you), breakdowns of type, size difficulty and terrain, stats for current and previous month
  • Improved HTML export - now that geocaching.com has increased the character limit in profile pages, you can export more data including your FTF list. Also, CacheStats will let you enter your other profile information (hobbies, etc.) so updating your profile is a snap.
  • More maps are supported: US, Canada, Europe and World
  • Milestone caches are now identified (not just the dates). You can make corrections if they were logged out of order
  • Other features - browse your list of finds, easily find caches that you have logged multiple times, set a date for your goal, add custom categories for your favorites list, show caches by location and remove locations that may not be applicable (e.g. travelling caches), show changes since last gpx file, and more.

Thanks to everyone who sent suggestions (sorry if your suggestion didn't make it into this release) and thanks to GlobalRat for help on the World maps. If you have more suggestions or run into problems, feel free to post here or send an email using the link on the logicweave website.

Great update. As an oddball who had a few locationless finds your old format required editing the HTML to explain my multiple finds on the same GC number. There were a few scavenger hunt type locationless caches that had changing goals. With a new goal a new smilie. This new format is much more versatile and allows for additions and personalizing in a much easier way. Good Job! and thanks.

Very nice and I thank you as well! My one minor suggestion with this new release is to not automatically interpret a return as a <br>. I had to spend some time editing my HTML due to formatting issues that this introduced. When copying my HTML directly from my existing profile contents to CacheStats it threw these in wherever there was a word wrap, in the middle of comments, etc.

Love it however one question: Why do you have to use the My Finds PQ? Why isn't it possible to use GPX's created by other programs such as GSAK, etc.?

I don't understand why you would use anything other than a "My Finds" PQ. It only has *your* log attached and *your* finds. A GSAK produced .gpx would give multiple logs. CacheStats might error with so many logs, since one of the features *is* the fact that it will show you your log. As can be typical with GSAK, it seems like way too much information for what you are trying to accomplish -- details for your own personal stats. It seems like you are doing way too much work when all you have to do for a "My Finds" PQ is click one button and you get all the info you need for CacheStats to give you the reporting it gives.

Love it however one question: Why do you have to use the My Finds PQ? Why isn't it possible to use GPX's created by other programs such as GSAK, etc.?

I don't understand why you would use anything other than a "My Finds" PQ. It only has *your* log attached and *your* finds.

Not that it comes up that much, but if you want to run stats 3 days after you ran a Your Finds with current information (Maybe you just did a big cache run or something) you need to wait 4 more days to run the PQ to get current information.

I don't understand why you would use anything other than a "My Finds" PQ. It only has *your* log attached and *your* finds.

Not that it comes up that much, but if you want to run stats 3 days after you ran a Your Finds with current information (Maybe you just did a big cache run or something) you need to wait 4 more days to run the PQ to get current information.

If you know you have a big cache run planned, then hold off generating the PQ. You could also manually edit the HTML export if you want it to reflect your most current stats.

Actually, you can use a GPX file exported from GSAK (assuming you have a GSAK database that contains only your finds). If the GSAK database includes logs from anyone other than you, you will need to make sure only your logs get exported by doing this: On the GSAK export page, select 0 for "limit number of logs to export", and check "Always include my logs". There's a screen shot of this on the original CacheStats 1.0 thread: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=2292250

One thing to note concerning this is that CacheStats creates a data file to store information that isn't included with the gpx file (e.g. FTFs, favorites, etc.) based on the name of the GPX file. This means that if you export a GPX file using GSAK and give it a different name than your "my finds" GPX file, those settings won't be pulled over. So you should either give it the same name (probably after testing with a different name to make sure it works), or just use the GSAK export as a temporary until the next PQ comes in. Or, if you'd like to maintain two sets of data (this would apply if you want to run CacheStats on two speparate computers too), you can go to the data folder and copy the original data file to overwrite the GSAK data file. The data folder is accesible from the About button. Hopefully this makes at least some sense. If not, I can elaborate later.

Received the first bug report - If you export your goal to HTML, it shows as 0. I haven't had time to look into this yet, but it appears that the correct value will be shown if you exit CacheStats and then export again. I'll look into getting this fixed when I get a bit more time.

BTW, anyone notice that The Cheeseheads, creater of itsnotaboutthenumbers.com and I are both from Wisconsin? I guess SE Wisconsin is a little like California's high-tech Silicon Valley, although it might be more aptly named the Silicon Pasture :D.

Received the first bug report - If you export your goal to HTML, it shows as 0.

Fixed this problem and the update is on the website now. If you decide to install the update, your previous version will automatically be updated, i.e. you don't need to manually uninstall the previous version first. This is true if you are upgrading from 1.0 too.