Now Selling-Temecula Valley Event III coins!

Cornerstone4

With all of the angst in some other threads, I couldn't stay quiet any longer! ;)

Here is a sneak peak at the coin for our event Feb 18th.

Last year we had a balloon since Temecula has an annual balloon and wine festival. Another big event in town is the annual Rod Run. Street rods converge on the valley for that weekend every year for a big event in old-town Temecula. This years Rod Run will be about 2 weeks after our Geocaching event.

These will only be available at the event. Pricing will be a bit higher than last year...(gasp!) Yes, we are using the money to help fund the event! (OH MY!) :unsure:

Pricing is going to be around $10 each.

I could give you a list of the cost we are going to have to cover...but I'm not gonna... :)

You don't have to look at our forums to see how many of us helped on the design of the coin...only one... :blink:

I hope you like the coin!

b7608e44-ed49-4b97-addb-022af2d27a13.jpg

Great coin. A suggestion for what it is worth if not to late: Glitter on the flames on the car.

Glitter could be nice, but I see that it's already listed with translucent paint - that should come out well.

See how easy it is to put all the relevant information in the first post and be upfront about it? No angst! :unsure:

Not sure if we're coming to that event and we may spend that day caching vs. talking.

See how easy it is to put all the relevant information in the first post and be upfront about it? No angst! :blink:

On the contrary, I'm quite upset that it hasn't been made clear if this vehicle requires leaded or unleaded fuel. Discriminating buyers need this information because of the residual costs involved. It's not just the sales price we're concerned about, it's the maintenence costs and upkeep afterwards. I've checked Consumer Reports, and there's no mention of this "vehicoin". This information needs to be posted by default, or the original poster should be spanked with eels...and like it. :unsure:

Yime, consumer watchdog.

See how easy it is to put all the relevant information in the first post and be upfront about it? No angst! :cry:

On the contrary, I'm quite upset that it hasn't been made clear if this vehicle requires leaded or unleaded fuel. Discriminating buyers need this information because of the residual costs involved. It's not just the sales price we're concerned about, it's the maintenence costs and upkeep afterwards. I've checked Consumer Reports, and there's no mention of this "vehicoin". This information needs to be posted by default, or the original poster should be spanked with eels...and like it. :cry:

Yime, consumer watchdog.

Hmmph!

I assure you this is a totally emission free vehicle. It will exceed whatever standards the State of California can dream up...and I assure you, they dream big! :cry:

Now, as to what the upkeep will be... BWA HA HA HA! :cry:

dadgum. :cry:

Another hot coin, only released at an event. I mean, how the heck is everyone supposed to just drop everything and be in California that day. :cry:

Well, one less for me. :cry:

I gotta say, that is one neat looking hotrod you got on that coin!

Edited by ATMouse

These will only be available at the event.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I so totally LOVE this coin!!

But Cali in Feb is a bit out of my reach :DB)

If there are any left over will you be selling them?

If so, I'd like to be on the waiting list.

D-man B)

You know, if you take back the MO comment someone might be able to purchase one for you since they'll be attending B)

These will only be available at the event.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I so totally LOVE this coin!!

But Cali in Feb is a bit out of my reach :DB)

If there are any left over will you be selling them?

If so, I'd like to be on the waiting list.

D-man B)

Actually, I should have been clearer on that point...

My brain is a bit fuddled right now, well, most of the time actually, so I can't remember how many I ordered. I believe it was 600 coins. 50 of them are dual plated, so the bumpers will look chromed. (I believe this is the version pictured.) The other 550 will be gold.

The coins will not be available until the event. If there are any left over, then we will sell them. (Although I may sell some on ebay myself. I know they will end up there eventually, so we may as well realize the gains for ourselves.)

The safe bet would be to get someone to buy one for you.

dadgum. :cry:

Another hot coin, only released at an event. I mean, how the heck is everyone supposed to just drop everything and be in California that day. :cry:

Well, one less for me. :cry:

Ummm...you will be there won't you?

I am dropping everything and going to be in Cali that day. In fact I am even dropping the fact the kids have to go to school to be there.

Edited by ParentsofSAM

Ok,

The event is over...we reached Mega status...and it seems everyone had a great time!

With all of the talking I did from the stage, I forgot to tell everyone we had event coins for sale! :( Many folks saw them anyway, but I've had quite a few folks contact me saying they missed out! :(

Fortunatley, we have plenty left, so if you are interested in the Nickel version, (The 2-tone was for volunteers only), please drop me a line.

Include your Geonick, Paypal address, and the number of coins you want.

Coins are $10 each

Shipping is $1.50 for the first coin, $0.75 for each coin after that.

Orders will be filled in the order in which they are received!

Thanks!

The coin wasn't sold before the event, it was available to attendees first.

We made 550 coins, trackable with custom icon. We had between 200 and 250 left over, and they are now available to anyone. All emails received to date are confirmed. I will bill the requests that came in today over the weekend, those that paid before 3PM Pacific today will be shipping tomorrow. (I already printed the labels.)

Any payments received over the weekend will ship on Monday.

Thanks for your patience! :rolleyes:

These will only be available at the event
(taken from the opening post)

You know I love you, but I must say that I am disappointed that these are not an event only coin as originally stated. To me they lose a lot of their "value" (and no I don't mean resale value) because now anyone can get one. I know it's hard to judge how many to make and you can end up eating it, but to me an event only coin should mean one per person and only if you're at the event.

These will only be available at the event
(taken from the opening post)

You know I love you, but I must say that I am disappointed that these are not an event only coin as originally stated. To me they lose a lot of their "value" (and no I don't mean resale value) because now anyone can get one. I know it's hard to judge how many to make and you can end up eating it, but to me an event only coin should mean one per person and only if you're at the event.

Poor choice of wording on my part...

To be clear, it should have said, "They won't be available until the event." My bad. My intention was never for an event only coin with a 1 per person limit...I made too many for that. When I made the initial post, there was so much drama about another coin in the thread that was funding an event, that I posted in jest of that...Normally, I would have started a new thread offering it for sale, but the rules have changed!