Unusual Idea, too morbid?

StfRon

Without going into too much detail, I am considering a multi, mystery cache where the final is a rubber skeleton holding a briefcase. Do you feel this is too 'over the top' or would you be offended? Should I put some type of disclaimer in the listing so that people know that the final may be somewhat offensive to some?

Try The Eating Fields. Almost exactally what you are describing (with a twist). Funny, the locals had a non event - 15 folks went together all at the same time to find this one. I went the easy route on putting this one together, I think it cost me about $15.

Styrofoam head, PVC pipe & fittings, old coveralls, a dark night and hidden in such a way that you wont see anything until you are right on top of things :unsure::blink:;)

Well, I say it's a GO! I'm actually toning it down a little, I'm into halloween decorating pretty seriously, and have managed to create a few very lifelike corpses. I was going to use one of them, but decided against, Because they're VERY lifelike.IMAG0247.JPG

Edited by StfRon

I don't see anything wrong with it. We put out a cache with our friends here in Colorado that is a multi. We made up a story about a missing person who may or may not be a ghost now and how people disapear in the area...there are 3 stages, an arm at the first stage with the coords written on the hand,(chained to a log) a leg at the second stage (chained to a log), with coords written on it, and the last is an ammo box wtih a skull chained to it.

We've gotten good comments, so I tihnk it will be fine.

I would love that cache! Just a side story though... Back at my old Fla. university some construction workers were digging in the ground and came across a bundle of old bones in a decaying burlap bag. They called the police and also our anthropology instructor who identified them as human remains. Well, upon closer inspection, they found out that it was just a really, really old joke and it was a fake plastic skeleton - and not even a really good one. Talking about losing your tenure in the worst way...

Without going into too much detail, I am considering a multi, mystery cache where the final is a rubber skeleton holding a briefcase. Do you feel this is too 'over the top' or would you be offended? Should I put some type of disclaimer in the listing so that people know that the final may be somewhat offensive to some?

Sounds like a cute idea, and much fun! Have fun with it!

Here, I did this cache this past weekend after asking whether on not it was to gruesome to put, people so no it would be cool so I did, you should do it too. You gotta love scary things. I took a 4th quality bones and then corpsified them and drilled a whole in the ball part of the arm where it connects to the shoulder and then drilled a whole through the ammo box and used a 1/2 bolt, should have used a 1/8 inch though, probably would have been better, then added washer and two bolts and to seal the whole used to caulking, hope that it all works.

Untitled-2copy.jpg

Untitled-1copy.jpg

NO disclaimer necessary. We cachers are fairly resilient :ph34r: Go for it!!

I would really appreciate a disclaimer on caches like these. Some of my younger children are sensitive and I'd prefer they not stumble upon (fake) decaying corpses. I can see how these would be funny surprises for adults and older kids but not every cacher is as resilient.

Giving a little warning would be a kind thing to do. :ph34r:

Edited by NasheCache