THE GREAT REWARD GEOCOIN

Dumb_Luck

Never received any correspondence from Dumb_Luck in response to my requests for information either through PayPal or through the profile link. However, about a week to 10 days after filing a complaint with PayPal I did get the coins. Seems like this person is at least one of the following: a- Very disorganized, b- Having some serious interruption to personal life, or c- Just doesn't really care too much.

It seems to take direct pressure to get any movement.

Hope that you get your coins or your money back.

I'm giving it until the end of the week, then the claim gets escalated since there hasn't been any notifications.

I got a message from Paypal stating that I won the claim, but the balance on the paypal account was $ 0.00 so they where not able to refund any money.

We have ended our study into this question. We have tried transfer a repayment of the account of the salesman to your account. Unfortunately the remainder on the account of the salesman is not sufficient to pay you back. We repaid $0,00 USD. We have undertaken action against the salesman and work for recovery of the remaining amount. We contact you when we have further information. At this moment you must take no further action. Question closed.

So I think this does not solve the problem and we got ripped of. :ph34r::wub::D

Edited by mvs "Team Pooh"

Apparently, she sold her remaining supply to CoinSwag.com.

I have to say, that I'm very disappointed to see the same thing happening with her again. The last people who ordered had problems getting their coins.

as in, she sold coins to them that were previously paid for by folks, who are now waiting for coins? Thats seriously messed up if so.

Apparently, she sold her remaining supply to CoinSwag.com.

I have to say, that I'm very disappointed to see the same thing happening with her again. The last people who ordered had problems getting their coins.

as in, she sold coins to them that were previously paid for by folks, who are now waiting for coins? Thats seriously messed up if so.

I have no idea on that. In the past, she has always sent the coins, although with alot of pressure. She may very well have every intention of sending them. I just have no idea.

Has any a idea what can i do? since 2 months i am waiting for 3 coins and nothing come to germany.over paypal i can't order my money back because there has that money refund closed. may be i'm to late for order my money back over paypal because i has send the money refund after the 45 days (payed on 30.11.06 an sending for refund at 18.01.07)? sorry for my bad english...Greetings, Heiko

So we still are not the only ones.

Are all the cachers that did not get their coins non North Americans?

Not suggesting any discrimination, but just wondering.

We did send several e-mails again 2 weeks ago.

Tried to stay friendly and wishing the seller Happy New Year first.

We suggested the moving might have mixed up the administration.

Just asked to set things right. No answer again.

Now it is getting hard to believe there is no bad intention going on. :anicute:

Is there some other cacher that can contact this cacher and ask to set things right?

We would appreciate any help. :(

Thanks for your response. I did see that also.

But I think that is no excuse for not responding to mail.

And certainly not for not delivering sold coins.

I heard from another Dutch cacher that at least he got an e-mail, promising that the coins he bought (5) would be delivered (what did not happen yet, as far as I know).

If you do not send the coins for whatever reason, than have the decency to give people their money back. Otherwise to me it looks like theft or fraud.

The name of this coin is becoming quit cynical now.

For who is this a Great Reward? Not for me until now. :(

This kind of behavior makes the trust we have in fellow geocachers more difficult.

Thanks MustangJoni.

I do remember you were the one helping us out before when a coinsale turned out a problem.

If you would send me a PM with your address I would be honored to send you a Team Pooh geocoin as a token of our gratitude.

I appreciate that, but I've really done nothing. I have not heard from Kelly, and didn't think I would. I did find out that you could still buy these at CoinTracking, and wrote them and told them of the issues. They are investigating, and shut down the paypal link until she responds. So hopefully no one else will be affected by this.

Sorry for your issues!

Hallo,

as I have read only now because I am very seldom in the forum some people were also missing their Great Reward Coins.

I bought 2 Coins in December 2006, paid via PayPal and received none until now.

If anybody knows Kelly Saunders and has contact to her could he or she remembers her of sending the coins out?

I am still hoping that they will come someday.

Greetings from Germany

Elke aka safri

alot of people had issue with this seller, most people had to file paypal claim to even get their coins, me included. You might want to take that route.

I had mentioned this possibility in my last email and still didn't get an answer!

The problem is my poor English and I can't get German Paypal formulars. Do you know how to make a paypal claim?

I ask myself how can a PREMIUM MEMBER at GC and also a VERIFIED MEMBER of PayPal risk his reputation by not sending the coins, not answering any emails and not refunding the paid money????

Dumb luck is a cheater, a fraud, a I don't know any other English words for it and wouldn't I live in Germany I would report an offense to the police.

All further payments via PayPal even to "verified" members now have an insecurity taste and this hurts the fair-minded sellers, too.

Seems that Dumb_Luck made a visit today... maybe there is some hope yet?

I only a partial (very small) refund from my paypal claim. Though I would still like the coins.

Where did she make a visit?

I always believe in the best of people and that is why I didn't get any cent of my claim. I waited to long and thought shipping to Germany takes a longer time.

But since there came no answer at all I don't think that she has shipped the coins.

I would send those three coins to someone who never got the ones they paid for.

Either 1 to 3 people, or how ever you want to do it.

Thats only fair in my opinion. Who gets them? thats up to you. Draw names, flip a coin, etc.

In my opinion it would be nicest if 3 different people would get 1 coin each: then 3 collectors are happy.

I had paid for 2 coins since I wanted 1 for travelling and 1 for the collection. But now I would be more than lucky if I had only 1 of these coins.

I would send those three coins to someone who never got the ones they paid for.

Either 1 to 3 people, or how ever you want to do it.

Thats only fair in my opinion. Who gets them? thats up to you. Draw names, flip a coin, etc.

In my opinion it would be nicest if 3 different people would get 1 coin each: then 3 collectors are happy.

I had paid for 2 coins since I wanted 1 for travelling and 1 for the collection. But now I would be more than lucky if I had only 1 of these coins.

oh I have already promised them to notsolostpuppies as I'm sending him a prize already from my devils in danger game it won't cost me anything - but I'm sure he won't mind if i do post two - one for Safri and one for someone who has the least coins a real newbie please apply here in forum - i'll check back later.

( PS on a nicer note I need some cachers around the world willing to hide special caches for my new game.

http://feralcaching.wordpress.com check out australian odyssey to play and the australia geocoin artwork is up )

Edited by forthferalz

oh I have already promised them to notsolostpuppies as I'm sending him a prize already from my devils in danger game it won't cost me anything - but I'm sure he won't mind if i do post two - one for Safri and one for someone who has the least coins a real newbie please apply here in forum - i'll check back later.

( PS on a nicer note I need some cachers around the world willing to hide special caches for my new game.

http://feralcaching.wordpress.com check out australian odyssey to play and the australia geocoin artwork is up )

You are correct, I wont mind.

I may be willing to hide a special cache for your game as well.

I would love to get the Great Reward geocoin that I paid for, but I do not think I am a newbie and I'm not sure how to qualify. ;)

The game you refer to is password protected so I can not get the information (do I look like a newbie now?) ;)

I would be willing to hide a cache in the Netherlands, somewhere around Amsterdam, if I could get the rules first. ;)

OK NSLP your coins are on the way - and safri I've emailed about adress. SHe's got a lot of coins anyway so pooh i have your email address - just send me your snail mail.

ABout the Odyssey game - try the link in my sig line to get teh rules. It is a series of online puzzles to solve to get a password to the next clue - not very hard - they take you around Australia and the codes will be used to find the caches later. One cache will be a distance cache - you can log it online like a true virtual.

It would be nice to have one on every continent - I have a hider in north america and one in australia so nederlands would be good for europe. There is a thred over on "organized caching forum" where I can answer any more questions. Cheers!