Mouth of the South Coin

Shop99er

Yesterday the Truly Unpleasant Mrs. Shop99er got a package from:

A. Geocacher

101 FTF Way

Atlanta, GA

Inside was a sizeable amount of this here coin. All it said on the envelope was 'share the wealth'. That's it.

MouthSouth.jpg

The coin is a lighter weight gold color. The image makes the back side look dark but it's not. It's a shiny gold. It says " Geocoin Goddess Wanna-Be Mouth of the South" and in little letters it says "averaging 5 posts per day and still posting and posting and posting..."

Sure seemed to be an Atlanta Gal coin but she denies knowing anything. She says that one other person has contacted her about it as well.

Don't know who, what, where, when or why ...... but this bunch of coins will be distributed into caches in Oregon and Washington from now til the end of December. We won't be noting in the logs where we leave them so if you want one you might want to get out your caching shoes and get started hunting.

You know whats so super cool about that! you get to be part of the fun by hiding the coins! *runs to check mail box to see if she gets to hide some too*

I had to think about it overnight, but you are the only person I know who has ever used the term "Geocoin Goddess." Just don't know how you would get an Atlanta postmark on them unless Avroair was seeing Augusta and not Atlanta. You're just a stone's throw from the state line and Augusta.

Other guesses prior to seeing the photo were:

Parents of SAM and Gridlox

However, after seeing the artwork Mrs Shop was kind enough to send to me, it makes me think of Brea handsdown. It would also nix the theory that the coin was designed as a slap in the face to me, which I didn't really appreciate when it was mentioned.

I've now received 2 emails and 2 phone calls asking if this was my doing. I can 100% guarantee you, I had never heard of this coin before Avroair's phone call last night. It ain't me.

Well, you know I know your the Mo... Ummm.... :cry: Most Bestest! :D Yeah, that's it! Most Bestest!! :cry:

( :cry: Couldn't resist! :cry: ) I'll make it up to you and share my bacon on the 9th! B)

At any rate, none of my doing either.

Although, I would like to get my hands on one!! :cry:

D-man B)

Edited by gridlox

You know whats so super cool about that! you get to be part of the fun by hiding the coins! *runs to check mail box to see if she gets to hide some too*

I had to think about it overnight, but you are the only person I know who has ever used the term "Geocoin Goddess." Just don't know how you would get an Atlanta postmark on them unless Avroair was seeing Augusta and not Atlanta. You're just a stone's throw from the state line and Augusta.

However, after seeing the artwork Mrs Shop was kind enough to send to me, it makes me think of Brea handsdown. It would also nix the theory that the coin was designed as a slap in the face to me, which I didn't really appreciate when it was mentioned.

I've now received 2 emails and 2 phone calls asking if this was my doing. I can 100% guarantee you, I had never heard of this coin before Avroair's phone call last night. It ain't me.

I would love to be able to take credit, I do think your a geocoin goddess, but wasn't this yankee girl! I might live in the south but I am yankee through and through!

A. Geocacher

101 FTF Way

Atlanta, GA

Inside was a sizeable amount of this here coin. All it said on the envelope was 'share the wealth'. That's it.

MouthSouth.jpg

The coin is a lighter weight gold color. The image makes the back side look dark but it's not. It's a shiny gold. It says " Geocoin Goddess Wanna-Be Mouth of the South" and in little letters it says "averaging 5 posts per day and still posting and posting and posting..."

Sure seemed to be an Atlanta Gal coin but she denies knowing anything. She says that one other person has contacted her about it as well.

Don't know who, what, where, when or why ...... but this bunch of coins will be distributed into caches in Oregon and Washington from now til the end of December. We won't be noting in the logs where we leave them so if you want one you might want to get out your caching shoes and get started hunting.

:cry: Me wonders if what we see is what we see. You say you received one coin. How did you get a picture of both sides on the same background? :cry:

Are you that good of a photoshop editor???? Or are you the source of the coins. If so I want one NOW!!!

:cry:

A. Geocacher

101 FTF Way

Atlanta, GA

MouthSouth.jpg

:cry: Me wonders if what we see is what we see. You say you received one coin. How did you get a picture of both sides on the same background? :cry:

Are you that good of a photoshop editor???? Or are you the source of the coins. If so I want one NOW!!!

Look closer, he said he received a sizeable amount of said coin, and is supposed to share the wealth, ie hide them...so 1+ coins!

A. Geocacher

101 FTF Way

Atlanta, GA

MouthSouth.jpg

Me wonders if you should read his post again (especially the part about sizeable amount of coins and this bunch). :cry:

Edited by Hula Bum

Somehow I feel that no matter what I said it wouldnt matter :mad:

But if it did I can promise them of delivery into caches here in DE (My own Cache Across America DE cache for one), also would be willing to drop them up in CT & down in NC with possible points in between the 2. If so requested I would also not note them in the log, just like the beloved GCF.

:(

Its worth a try ya know, heh.

Edited by DiS02

AAAWWWW :)ITS SOOOOO CUTE!!!! :(

Kinda looks like my inlaws too...they all wore their billy bob teeth at Christmas last year....let's see...where did that family photo go??? They also give white elephant gifts like used porta pottys and boxes of liquor bottles that only have an inch of whiskey left in them. Why I'll bet I even get my own teeth with this years pick of gifts :( I beg to say that the South is any different than the North LOL :mad:

ps ~ Did I mention I live in Idaho and a half hour away from Oregon and I'm a hideholic :)

Thank you everyone for the offers to help hide the coins but I think I've got it covered.

In addition to Oregon and Washington this holiday season the Mrs. and I will be in Florida and the Caribbean in January and we'll be in Alaska in May. I'm going to hang on to a few coins to place in those locations to help spread them out.

I have tasked a fellow cacher to place a couple in Eastern Washington as soon as his job takes him over there again.

However, after seeing the artwork Mrs Shop was kind enough to send to me, it makes me think of Brea handsdown.

Just to clear some confusion...it wasn't artwork I sent to AG. It was the photo posted above that I sent.

I don't have the artwork. Never seen the art work. First I'm knowing about the coin is when they arrived in the mail.

Just to clear some confusion...it wasn't artwork I sent to AG. It was the photo posted above that I sent.

I don't have the artwork. Never seen the art work. First I'm knowing about the coin is when they arrived in the mail.

Sorry about that Mrs S. The photo is what you sent to me.

Another MS cacher other than the one in the mail thread got 24 of them in the mail yesterday. Said they were sent priority mail to the tune of $14.xx shipping. Somebody has a buttload of money to throw away this holiday season. He offered to send me some. I asked him to please don't. This isn't a coin I want.

Sorry about that Mrs S. The photo is what you sent to me.

Another MS cacher other than the one in the mail thread got 24 of them in the mail yesterday. Said they were sent priority mail to the tune of $14.xx shipping. Somebody has a buttload of money to throw away this holiday season. He offered to send me some. I asked him to please don't. This isn't a coin I want.

I'm pretty new here and don't know anything about previous incidents but from what I read it really seems like the coin is out there to insult someone I mean saying "the mouth of the south" and about posting a bunch of times a day maybe I just don't get it but is that the kind of coin we really want to pass around?

The Truly Unpleasant Mrs. Shop99er here....

Mine came Priority but with a regular Priority stamp. It might have even been a Flat Rate Priority envelope but I don't remember.

I don't know if it's an insult or not. I think it might be one of those things that doesn't translate well in writing. Like "The Truly Unpleasant Mrs. Shop99er". I'm really a nice lady. I AM! YOU SAY I'M A NICE LADY OR I'LL HOLD YOU DOWN AND MAKE YOU EAT DIRT!!! *ahem* Honestly..I really am nice... most of the time.

A. Geocacher

101 FTF Way

Atlanta, GA

Ok getting back to 'who done it' did this package have an atlanta postmark or not? :P

Were the address's handwritten or typed? Everyone go get pictures of every coin package they've received lately so we can do more speculating.

Ok getting back to 'who done it' did this package have an atlanta postmark or not? :P

Were the address's handwritten or typed? Everyone go get pictures of every coin package they've received lately so we can do more speculating.

They do have Atlanta postmarks. The package received in MS yesterday was postmarked 11/28 from Atlanta.

The mailing labels were typed. Several of them have "spread the word" written on the mailer in purple magic marker in a females handwriting.

I have only heard of 4 individuals receiving coin packages ranging from 15-30 coins - 2 in MS, 1 in WA and 1 in NJ.

Edited by AtlantaGal

I already recycled the envelope, but it had a cool $4.05 stamp on it which i ripped off and kept. The envelope was sent priority mail. The coins are very thin, not sure what metal they were made in.

I already recycled the envelope, but it had a cool $4.05 stamp on it which i ripped off and kept. The envelope was sent priority mail. The coins are very thin, not sure what metal they were made in.

Hey Avroair....drop some of those puppies off down in South Jersey here! :P

Jayman11

Its only insulting if you let it be, I've known people that admitted they were 'motor-mouths', & 'bull-horns' & those are the nicer ones I could post :P

Jimmy Hart of WWE Former WWF & other groups was known as 'the Mouth of the South' at one time in his career.

If you let mere words insult you, well then, I cant help that. Only you hold power over what you allow to hurt you & what not to hurt you.

I've been called every name in the book including racial insults & even racial insults that I'm not. I look at the person with pity if thats all they can come up with in their extremely limited brain & walk away.

Oh well (shrugs)