Accessing GC.com from mobile phone

WolfTrekker

Sorry if this isn't in the correct forum but it seemd the logical place to start. I've searched and searched but can't seem to find anything on the forums, so I'll appeal to you all for some insight. When trying to access GC.com from my mobile phone, I can log in and navigate around fine until I try to find a cache. Then I keep getting a message saying that there is "no plug-in present to open the file". I'm assuming I need to download something but I can't find anything related on Sprint's website and so far haven't found anything here either. Any ideas would be much appreciated. BTW I've got a Sanyo MM7400

And how come I can't edit my own topic to fix my spelling?

Edited by WolfTrekker

Sorry if this isn't in the correct forum but it seemd the logical place to start. I've searched and searched but can't seem to find anything on the forums, so I'll appeal to you all for some insight. When trying to access GC.com from my mobile phone, I can log in and navigate around fine until I try to find a cache. Then I keep getting a message saying that there is "no plug-in present to open the file". I'm assuming I need to download something but I can't find anything related on Sprint's website and so far haven't found anything here either. Any ideas would be much appreciated. BTW I've got a Sanyo MM7400

And how come I can't edit my own topic to fix my spelling?

How are you accessing the site? You should be coming in thru the WAP interface. ( http://wap.geocaching.com )

Edited by baloo&bd

Sounds like your phone isn't compatible with the WAP site :unsure: . I used to get that error on my Sanyo 8200... since I switched to my Treo, everything works fine.

Check the pinned WAP thread at the top of this board... there are some posts there about which phones do and don't work.

EDIT: Yep, it's definitely an issue with Sanyo phones and the WAP site-- try starting with this post... it looks like some folks in the thread have found a workaround... but you'll have to read up on that.

Edited by Cache Heads

Now.. I don't know how much this will help :D

But I just tried it out on my phone (Sanyo 8400 on Sprint)

browse to http://www.operamini.com via your cell phone internal browser and download it. It will be basically an external java app to run on your phone to access websites. Does a nice job rendering most webpages.. much better then the included browser for my phone.

-Raine

Now.. I don't know how much this will help :D

But I just tried it out on my phone (Sanyo 8400 on Sprint)

browse to http://www.operamini.com via your cell phone internal browser and download it. It will be basically an external java app to run on your phone to access websites. Does a nice job rendering most webpages.. much better then the included browser for my phone.

-Raine

It works! Thanks so much for the link, it was exactly what I was looking for. Now when i go on a 200 mile trip and realize I left the PDA at home :( I'm not totally at a loss!