It's getting deep out there!

Prying Pandora

Oh my gosh that is just beautiful...I watch this thread very closely just to see the pictures of y'alls snow!

Living vicariously thru all of you.

Pepper

I dunno, Pepper... I think there are probably quite a few of us that would gladly trade with you right about now! :D

Not me... :D:D:D

I had the same experience as Totem Lake's wife, 4 hours to get from Kent to the Woodinville-Duvall area last night (finally arriving at home at 9:10pm). Tonight wasn't nearly as bad except I slid from the the left turn lane at the Woodinville-Duvall Road/Paradise Lake Road intersection to the straight-lane, but what's an 8' detour?!! Although I expect it's illegal to make a left hand turn from the right hand lane... :D

Edited by Puppers

Snow? What snow? I looked and looked, but couldn't find any around my house - how come we miss out on all the fun! :D

Wasn't that big hailstorm this morning enough for you? It looked like snow for hours afterward! :anibad:

From personal experience, having to walk to the bus stop while being pelted by small little pellets of hail was no fun. Looked like those dipping dots ice cream thing though.... that was cool.

cheers,

Poppa J

Yup, this season has seen a record snowfall. You can expect the snow to linger longer than usual. Even SR-20 is expected to open no earlier than by the middle of May this year due to greater-than-normal snow depths. You can read their progress report here, and see some of their photos here.

These are SO cool! Snoughnuts!

SnowDonut.jpg

Whatever I had left from last weekend melted today. Nothing came down at all here in the south part of Seattle.

Well, there was a little mixed rain and snow for a bit, but not much else.

Ditto here in Newcastle, south of Bellevue.

This morning I now have about an inch of the white stuff. I assume hydnsek has a bit more since she is a bit further up the hill than I am. And yes, I can see Newcastle from my house.

Whatever I had left from last weekend melted today. Nothing came down at all here in the south part of Seattle.

This morning I now have about an inch of the white stuff. I assume hydnsek has a bit more since she is a bit further up the hill than I am. And yes, I can see Newcastle from my house.

I'm a bit higher than WeightMan, and at the most I've an inch (some was left over). Mostly just a light dusting this morning - but it's starting to snow again... Time to go find some caches!

I'm a bit higher than WeightMan, and at the most I've an inch (some was left over). Mostly just a light dusting this morning - but it's starting to snow again... Time to go find some caches!

I wish. At this point there is no way for me to get up the hill to a main street. In the last two hours I have another inch or so and it is still coming down. Jester at least lives on fairly level ground and the main street is easy to get to. I'm on a side hill that never gets plowed.

Still coming down at my house. I am up to about 23 inches, the drifts are just under 3 feet.

9262a22c-d9c2-4335-8525-c2866f125784.jpg

My husbands car is sitting on our road in front of our house. Can't you tell that I plowed it yesterday? At least my husband got home. ;)

6cb08877-8485-4f9d-81c6-13b4f8e36560.jpg

The tractor is one of the coolest snow toys. We have pushed the snow up into HUGE piles for the kids.

674d4031-e81a-4086-8752-958c78bde6cf.jpg

Picture was taken this morning when Agent M was standing on it. Now it is taller than my hubby's car!

Edited by Harriet the Spy

3.5 inches on my front walk, ruler says. Starting to taper off for now. But from your later note, sounds like you have more than I do. Apparently, Newcastle has less than some areas, even though I'm on a hill at 500 ft.

My house is at the bottom of a steep cul-de-sac that's never plowed, so not driving today. Everyone's been out sledding down the hill (street), and I'm going XC skiing around the neighborhood in a bit. Also will walk/ski to downtown Newcastle to mail some stuff.