I hate micros in the city

As I said, I hate micros in the city. Micros along busy streets make you feel like you are being watched or are doing something illegal. Micros in playgrounds make you feel like some soccer mom is going to accuse you of being a pedophile. I am a traditionalist. Geocaches were meant to be in the woods, ammo can size, and have trinkets to trade. Micros in the city are the equivalent of metro sexuals. There's something about them that is just is not right.....

Edited by rathergohiking

You mean you hate ones like THIS one? :laughing: 1/1 micros that you must use stealth with? :huh: Yeah I feel your pain. Thanks for getting the conversation started though.

The cache you referenced was one of mine that was mujggled the first day it was put out. The cache is in a quaint resort town in northern Michigan. What I really don't like are the ones in large cities, such as this one in downtown Detroit next to Ford Field (where the Detroit Lions lose week after week):

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...75-e4ed7271025d

You typed:

Quaint resort towns are good.

Large cities are bad.

Bad sadly I read:

My caches are good.

Other people's caches are bad.

Gotcha. Next thread.

I said "The cache you referenced was one of mine that was mujggled the first day it was put out. The cache is in a quaint resort town in northern Michigan. What I really don't like are the ones in large cities, such as this one in downtown Detroit next to Ford Field (where the Detroit Lions lose week after week):" I never said large cities are bad and quaint resort towns are good. You sound like a liberal democrat.

You sound like a liberal democrat.

Can you say wide right? We know Jason Hanson can. Aside from the personal attack you are attempting, I dislike any cache where it says "stealth required". I didn't sign up for pretending to be a spy, or be made to feel like I have to elude prying eyes like some some common thief. To say it is all micros is wrong, they just tend to be easier to place this way, and tend to be the ones used. Maybe you should try a more proactive solution before soming here with a simple statement meant to stir something up that has been stirred before. Maybe start with not placing what you claim to hate.

Edited by pghlooking

As I said, I hate micros in the city. Micros along busy streets make you feel like you are being watched or are doing something illegal. Micros in playgrounds make you feel like some soccer mom is going to accuse you of being a pedophile. I am a traditionalist. Geocaches were meant to be in the woods, ammo can size, and have trinkets to trade. Micros in the city are the equivalent of metro sexuals. There's something about them that is just is not right.....

I'm not a big fan of these kinds of caches, so I tend to avoid them. Perhaps you should consider doing the same.

Why not ban micros from geocaching.com and start "microcaching.com?" It would fit right along side Waymarking.com. About all micros do is help allow cachers to get astronomical cache find counts......They have no other useful purpose. Kind of like the "only good cat is a dead cat" saying, in my opinion.

Why do people that "hate" something think it needs to be "banned"?

Why not ban micros from geocaching.com and start "microcaching.com?" It would fit right along side Waymarking.com. About all micros do is help allow cachers to get astronomical cache find counts......They have no other useful purpose. Kind of like the "only good cat is a dead cat" saying, in my opinion.

As I've said so many times before, there are so many other reasons that micros in town have a useful purpose. I find it sad that you can come in here and make a statement like that so forcefully.

The reason our town got so much into micros in town, was because it gave us a chance to cache in the winter, as all of our outside of town caches were snowed in. We live in the foothills of the Cascades, and we were getting bored in the winter.

Of course, the one that I talk about all the time is caching for people with handicaps, short term and long term. I hear in here about people breaking their leg or something, and they are so grateful for caches they can get. I don't know what I would do without them myself.

I know that you can place regular caches inside town, but realistically, not many.

Can you say wide right? We know Jason Hanson can. Aside from the personal attack you are attempting, I dislike any cache where it says "stealth required". I didn't sign up for pretending to be a spy, or be made to feel like I have to elude prying eyes like some some common thief. To say it is all micros is wrong, they just tend to be easier to place this way, and tend to be the ones used. Maybe you should try a more proactive solution before soming here with a simple statement meant to stir something up that has been stirred before. Maybe start with not placing what you claim to hate.

Your post is an excellent example of NOT saying that something should be banned.

I compliment you.

As I've said so many times before, there are so many other reasons that micros in town have a useful purpose. I find it sad that you can come in here and make a statement like that so forcefully.

The reason our town got so much into micros in town, was because it gave us a chance to cache in the winter, as all of our outside of town caches were snowed in. We live in the foothills of the Cascades, and we were getting bored in the winter.

Of course, the one that I talk about all the time is caching for people with handicaps, short term and long term. I hear in here about people breaking their leg or something, and they are so grateful for caches they can get. I don't know what I would do without them myself.

I know that you can place regular caches inside town, but realistically, not many.

I've never let snow get in the way of a good cache....it adds to the challenge. We get our fair share up in northern Michigan.

Can you say wide right?

I hate micros in the city and dislike liberal democrats. To call me a liberal democrat is insulting. I am also not a metrosexual. I don't shave my legs. TMI???

I can take alot of abuse. Call me a liberal. I can take it. Heck I am a Democrat, just tend to look further than a party name. Tell everyone in public that I shave my legs. I wear shorts alot so most already know that. So I like to have my nails done, so call me a metrosexual. I am dealing with it so far. But what I won't and can't stand is you calling me a TMI. (That did stand for Transgendered Monkey Inspector right?)

Edited by pghlooking

Why do people that "hate" something think it needs to be "banned"?

Okay, to be more politically correct repace "hate" with "dislike" or "despise." I think "banned" is a politically correct term. Let me know if it is not. Are you happy now?? Now, you can go get some Koolaid and be happy.

Can you say wide right?

I hate micros in the city and dislike liberal democrats. To call me a liberal democrat is insulting. I am also not a metrosexual. I don't shave my legs. TMI???

I can take alot of abuse. Call me a liberal. I can take it. Heck I am a Democrat, just tend to look further than a party name. Tell everyone in public that I shave my legs. I wear shorts alot so most already know that. So I like to have my nails done, so call me a metrosexual. I am dealing with it so far. But what I won't and can't stand is you calling me a TMI. (That did stand for Transgendered Monkey Inspector right?)

TMI = "too much information" in my dictionary.

Can you say wide right?

TMI = "too much information" in my dictionary.

:laughing: OH. Then forget I said anything about shaving my legs and getting my nails done. Was, a uh, joke. Uh yeah, and the whole monkey thing. I don't even get paid for that so it can't really be a job right? Back to caching...

Your post is an excellent example of NOT saying that something should be banned.

I compliment you.

I never said dislike or despise ("hate" is now politically incorrect in this forum) micros in a town. I said I hate them in the city. A town and city are two different words. I think the dictionary would confirm that. You could probably Google that as well.

:huh: OH. Then forget I said anything about shaving my legs and getting my nails done. Was, a uh, joke. Uh yeah, and the whole monkey thing. I don't even get paid for that so it can't really be a job right? Back to caching...

Toe nails, finger nails or both? :laughing:

Edited by Radian_1
I never said dislike or despise ("hate" is now politically incorrect in this forum) micros in a town. I said I hate them in the city. A town and city are two different words. I think the dictionary would confirm that. You could probably Google that as well.

Not that I care about this thread, but I can't seem to avoid posting. It's a sickness, I think. Anyway, if you have identified the areas in whih you do not enjoy finding micros, don't look for micros in that area.

There, I solved your little problem. Go in peace.

I've never let snow get in the way of a good cache....it adds to the challenge. We get our fair share up in northern Michigan.

I am happy for you. But you are not me, nor are you the other people in my town. So......don't assume that everyone is like you, and please don't start threads that rain on everyone else's enjoyment of the sport.

:huh: OH. Then forget I said anything about shaving my legs and getting my nails done. Was, a uh, joke. Uh yeah, and the whole monkey thing. I don't even get paid for that so it can't really be a job right? Back to caching...

If I were going to the Horatio's Metrosexual Day Spa on the corner of 5th and Petunia Street right next to the quaint little bistro that Fifi just loves to death, which I am not saying that I know anything about, then it would probably be both. Sheer indulgances like this should be not be just for special occassions. That is if I knew anything about that kind of stuff, which I surely do not.

If I were going to the Horatio's Metrosexual Day Spa on the corner of 5th and Petunia Street right next to the quaint little bistro that Fifi just loves to death, which I am not saying that I know anything about, then it would probably be both. Sheer indulgances like this should be not be just for special occassions. That is if I knew anything about that kind of stuff, which I surely do not.

hey I have been to that place! Umm the bistro that is! yeah!

Antonio? Is that you?

I hate chocolate ice cream in paper cups. In particular, chocolate ice cream with sprinkles or chocolate ice cream with plastic spoons.

I hate chocolate ice cream in paper cups. In particular, chocolate ice cream with sprinkles or chocolate ice cream with plastic spoons.

Get the message???? Do I need to repeat myself again????

Just wanted to get some discussion started.....

I hate people who tell me that they don't like some kind of ice cream served some particular way. Even though I may personally prefer the same kind of ice cream they do, I know there are people who like the kind of ice cream they hate. I think it is crude and inconsiderate to want to take away someone else's ice cream. :laughing:

I hate people who tell me that they don't like some kind of ice cream served some particular way. Even though I may personally prefer the same kind of ice cream they do, I know there are people who like the kind of ice cream they hate. I think it is crude and inconsiderate to want to take away someone else's ice cream. :laughing:

I like Rocky Road! :huh:

I like Rocky Road! :huh:

Mmmmm Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby!!!

Antonio? Is that you?

SHHHHHHHH! Oh and don't tell rathergohiking. He might think I was hiding micros in sandwiches and yell at me. You know I can't handle that that stress. Oh god I need to go get my hair done now to relax.