Baltimore

Dorsetgal & GeoDog

I am going to be in Baltimore late January, and am wondering if anyone can direct me to some wheelchair accessible caches please?

I know there is the w/c attribute, the handicaching website and I can always run a pocket query; however, in my experience of caching abroad, oftentimes the best recommendations come from cachers themselves. :laughing:

So, please, suggestions ... we'll be based in the Inner Harbor area.

Hi Folks,

Arriving in downtown area of Baltimore in a few days now. I checked the other site but try as I might I do not seem to be able to register properly there <_<

I am really interested in caches in the Inner Harbor area and just around there. I have seen some micros and virts, are there any lunchbox types that you can recommend please?

Thanks!

Hi Folks,

Arriving in downtown area of Baltimore in a few days now. I checked the other site but try as I might I do not seem to be able to register properly there :ph34r:

I am really interested in caches in the Inner Harbor area and just around there. I have seen some micros and virts, are there any lunchbox types that you can recommend please?

Thanks!

I truly wish I could help. I'm from MD but have never cached in Baltimore. I will mention the problem in getting on the Md forum in a couple of minutes. Are you going to be able to do a couple of days of caching? Here for business and grabbing a few before and after meetings? Wanting some company? I could only help you identify caches if you came a couple of hours south to the middle of nowhere which is where I live and basically cache.

Terri

Hi Folks,

Arriving in downtown area of Baltimore in a few days now. I checked the other site but try as I might I do not seem to be able to register properly there :ph34r:

Thanks!

Not sure why you can't see it, I can without even joining the organization. Most of the replies are from late November, none since 3 December.

One cacher says he's sure all the virtuals in town are wheelchair accessable.

One recommends Cancer Survivors Park Cache

Another recommends Little Stinker

Another recommends A great shot

One recommends Cancer Survivors Park Cache

Another recommends Little Stinker

Neither of those are in Baltimore, let alone anywhere near *downtown*.

The Cancer Survior cache is about 12 miles from downtown, in Towson, which is the county seat of Baltimore COUNTY. It's also not what I'd call wheelchair accessible, since the "park" is on a corner completely surrounded by streets, and there's no nearby parking.

(For that matter, it's not particularly accessible, full stop - I live .85 miles from it, and have never bothered to look for it because it's too much of a hassle to get to. You have to either park in a nearby mega-mall's parking garage, and walk along a lane with no sidewalk to reach the "park", or park several blocks away in a residential neighborhood, then cross a four-lane divided street. Only way I'm ever going to look for that one is if I happen to take the dogs for a three-miler and decide it's worth my while to cross all those streets.)

"Little Stinker" is a longer distance away; about 20 miles from downtown, up in Cockeysville (which is a northern suburb of *Towson*).

The third cache listed is at or near the Shot Tower, which is a historic site quite near to downtown; the OP might want to try e-mailing that cache's placers, since I believe they live in the city.

Edited by cimawr

The third cache listed is at or near the Shot Tower, which is a historic site quite near to downtown; the OP might want to try e-mailing that cache's placers, since I believe they live in the city.

Huh. And THAT one has just been disabled because it's missing!