DNF's

TMM-Sarah

Hi Sarah

I have 659 finds, and 25 DNF's.

I have since found 14 of those, and another 3 have been archived.

So - 25-14 = 11 DNF's. I make that just short of 2%

Oh - and I believe that registering DNF's are vital to the cache owner, so I'm very good and make sure I always log a DNF, even if I ddin't hunt for very long due to Muggles etc.

DNF's don't bother me! I always log them.

I have noticed however that when turning up at a fairly new cache, maybe a few days after publication, that the area has obviously been 'turned over' by a previous cacher(s) yet a DNF has not been logged?

Wish everyone logged their DNF's :laughing:

Jon

Oh - and I believe that registering DNF's are vital to the cache owner, so I'm very good and make sure I always log a DNF, even if I ddin't hunt for very long due to Muggles etc.

Every one, Hazel ? :laughing:

Yes Paul...

I count a DNF if I physically stop the car to start looking... as it was I didn't even stop the car on that one as the guy there was sat right on top of the cache!!!!! :huh:

13 net DNFs out of 107 hunts, that's 12%. Net means - I didn't find it later, and the DNF wasn't caused by the cache being un-doable (as reported by the owner later). 12% is a lot, compared to what other people are reporting, but we're fairly new to this, and haven't had a chance to revisit some of the DNFs for another go.

I always log DNFs, unless we've gone out-of-time in the middle of doing a cache, and I then try to go back the next outing or so, to complete it. I think it's important to log genuine DNFs, because it's very useful info for the cache owner. But an out-of-time is entirely our problem.

I have had 21 DNF's and 589 finds = 3.5% dnf ratio

9 (43%) of those were confirmed missing

10 (47%) were there and I was blind :laughing:

2 (10%) The published coords were wrong

8 (38%) I have been back to and found

5 (23%) were archived

I dont know why there are no list of Dnfs in your profile, I dont like them but they should be logged.

my list

Edited by Deego

930 finds, 53DNFs, of which one's a 'TBC', at least* 12 were there after all, at least 6 were missing and have either been archived or else I've not returned to hunt the replacement and at least* 14 were missing but I later found their replacement. It's actually a higher number than I would have expected, but when you take out the DNFs I later found, it's around 1:40 I think. Not ideal, but I can live with it.

*I got bored and stopped counting. Like you care.

Every one, Hazel ? :unsure:

Yes Paul...

I count a DNF if I physically stop the car to start looking... as it was I didn't even stop the car on that one as the guy there was sat right on top of the cache!!!!! :blink:

The guy must have a very prickled bottom!

71 DNF's if you count only one per cache and 590 finds ie 12%. Of the DNF's I reckon 12 caches weren't there and a couple were DNF's because when I got to the cache site I didn't feel inclined to do more than a peripheral search, so that's still quite a lot of cache blindness/ mathematical errors/ sheer stupidity.

Just to prove that two heads are not necessarily better than one, my DNF rate is higher when I'm out with Chas of the Kelsborrow Wayfinders (even though his DNF ratio is lower than mine)!

52 DNF's out of 1280 found = 4%.

22 of the DNF's were where the cache had been muggled or mistakes on the cache page took took us to the wrong location (new caches with us on FTF attampt), so the true ratio is about 2.3% for us.

We only log DNF's where we have a serious look for the cache and can't find it. If we don't like the look of the area the cache is in or muggles are too close for a search then we don't log the DNF as there's not much point.

My stats....

Found = 1068

DNF = 41 of which:-

17 were not there,

4 were found on a subsequent visit,

20 still to find that were there, but I missed.

Percentage of DNF's that were there = 1.87%

Seems a lot lower than I thought it would be but I still wanna find those other 20! ;):blink::D

Edit:-

Just realised that of the 97 caching trips I've had, I've had a DNF on around 20% of them! That's not good enough! :unsure::D:)

Edited by Nediam