Garmin 60csx for $298 plus $50 rebate?!

HortonK

Hi all!

Just wanted an opinion on this website and if anyone else has dealt with them or has positive/negative comments. I found this while searching Froogle for the Garmin 60csx. Thought I would check it out and it seems legit (although very bare bones).

Anyone else ever order from this site or something similar? Thanks for your input!

https://www.bulkgadgets.com/splashPage.hg

Domain Name: BULKGADGETS.COM

Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.

Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com

Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com

Name Server: PARK24.SECURESERVER.NET

Name Server: PARK23.SECURESERVER.NET

EPP Status: clientDeleteProhibited

EPP Status: clientRenewProhibited

EPP Status: clientUpdateProhibited

EPP Status: clientTransferProhibited

Updated Date: 19-Oct-2006

Creation Date: 19-Oct-2006

Expiration Date: 19-Oct-2007

You know what they say, right? "If it's too good to be true...."

Well, based on the fact that they have no ResellerRatings.com feedback and the domain has been registered for only a month I would say this is one of those situations. I would definitely not order from them.

I dislike just clicking on links, so here's some background for the domain name in question:

Registrant:

BGI LLC

4301 32nd St W # E1

Bradenton, Florida 34205

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: BULKGADGETS.COM

Created on: 19-Oct-06

Expires on: 20-Oct-07

Last Updated on:

It was created on 10/19/2006, a relatively new site. Chances for getting feedbacks might be small for that reason. I'm surprised the home site (just www.bulkgadgets.com) is a secure site...

OK, I did a little more research after y'all responded. Turns out they are listed on Verizon SuperPages, which indicates they have been in business since 2003. They have 2 very favorable user reviews, although the reviews really do not say much.

I am wary of any site that does not perform spell checking, although I am also surprised that they have a secure site. I recently saw the GPSMap 76csx at Cabelas for $349. Perhaps that is the better deal since I know the company.

if it sounds to good to be true .. than it probrably is!!!

you can pick up the 60csx on ebay for about $380. bucks and if you pay with paypal, your covered up to $1000.00

i picked up mine from ebay brand new in a sealed box with shipping for under $400 bucks

unless the seller is trying to sell you a brand new , but discontinued model !! ( the 60c or 60cs ) for that price

those models will work great but have a limited memory capability.. but depending on your needs, use and budget, that might be good investment..

If you decide to buy through an ebay auction make sure they are a Garmin authorized dealer and that they will give you a real receipt.

All the ebay deals I've seen are from Garmin "Authorized Resellers", which means what? What's a reseller? None of those ebay sites are listed on Garmin's offical sellers list.

If you decide to buy through an ebay auction make sure they are a Garmin authorized dealer and that they will give you a real receipt.

All the ebay deals I've seen are from Garmin "Authorized Resellers", which means what? What's a reseller? None of those ebay sites are listed on Garmin's offical sellers list.

I bought my 76s from Ebay about 2 years ago. Garmin was offering a rebate then and i never even thought about it not going through because of where i bought it. Garmin's policy may have changed since then but i had no trouble whatsoever getting the rebate then!

Also, FYI: Garmin does not honor there $50 rebate thru online auctions such as eBay.

That isn't necessarily true. Many regular retailers sell through eBay. All you need is the receipt and UPC from your purchase so they know it's a new item. Buying from Bob's GPS City through eBay isn't any different than buying it at their own web site or their physical cash register. However, if it says "eBay" on the receipt they could potentially throw it - you'd need to clarify that with Bob before buying.

BTW, another thing to checkj for in the store is whether the UPC is actually present. I saw a 60CSx on the shelf at Cabelas whose UPC had been cut off the box already.

Anyone have any idea why the rebate coupon has a box for an 8-digit serial number, when my 60CSx has a 9-digit serial number? How many digits are other people's 60CSx serial numbers?

Edited by bkrownd

Anyone have any idea why the rebate coupon has a box for an 8-digit serial number, when my 60CSx has a 9-digit serial number? How many digits are other people's 60CSx serial numbers?

My 60CSx has a 9-digit serial number. I e-mailed Garmin and asked what to do and they said to simply add a box to the form for the 9th digit.

By the way, like most rebates, I have read that the $50 comes in the form of a postcard, so be careful to not throw it away as junk mail when it comes.

My 60CSx has a 9-digit serial number. I e-mailed Garmin and asked what to do and they said to simply add a box to the form for the 9th digit.

By the way, like most rebates, I have read that the $50 comes in the form of a postcard, so be careful to not throw it away as junk mail when it comes.

Same here. The reply stated add a additional box on the forum.

Same here. The reply stated add a additional box on the forum.

My GPS unit had a 9 digit number in the inside, but a 8 digit number on the box on a label.

Mailed mine in with the upc code, which also has the serial number on it i believe. I think the last digit was a zero....Hope i get my rebate..

My GPS unit had a 9 digit number in the inside, but a 8 digit number on the box on a label.

Mailed mine in with the upc code, which also has the serial number on it i believe. I think the last digit was a zero....Hope i get my rebate..

It's possible the box you got had a different unit placed in it later. The UPC number is for the GPSmap 60CSx series in

general, and isn't a serial number. They want the UPC to have physical evidence you bought the product.

I also got the e-mail from Garmin today saying the 9 digit serial numbers will work with the rebate. Thanks people!

Edited by bkrownd

Wow. PCNation! I haven't heard that company in a while. I used to be a supplier for PCNation (about 8 years ago). Great people, very legit business, great prices and they really take care of their customers. Sorry for the non technical feedback but I was suprised to see them mentioned here!

buy.com has the CSx for $335 after mail in rebate and using google checkout. I am considering purchasing one as an upgrade from my etrex. The always ship stuff out right away and with free shipping on this item.

PCNation shipped mine within 24 hours. Shipping was free and it will be here in 3 business days. It will be $322 after rebate.

buy.com has the CSx for $335 after mail in rebate and using google checkout. I am considering purchasing one as an upgrade from my etrex. The always ship stuff out right away and with free shipping on this item.

I bought one thing from buy.com many months ago and have been getting junk mail from them at least weekly ever since.

Here is a surprisingly low price for the 60CSx, $240 with free shipping. I don't know anything at all about the site, but the prices are very low on items I checked on. I would be interested to hear from anyone that orders and gets something from this site. Is it for real? I recently paid $349 for my 60CSX, so this is over $100 cheaper. If it is for real, all I can say is "Dang!"

Big Winter Deals Website WARNING--Since posting the above message I did some checking in online forums and there seems to be some concern that the bigwinterdeal site is a scam site. It is listed as such at Scam Site Listings I would steer clear!!

Edited by vivona