How do you work this crazy thing?

Rob/Bahb

i have a 210 are you using a goto if you are then you should use the arrow and follow it till your in the genral area if your not using the goto you are really messing yourself up. go to the geocaching site find the coordinates for the cache your looking for hit mark on your gps and type in the coordinates naxt hit save then click goto and click the cache (or mark you just saved) then hit navigate until you get the compas and follow it until your close say 20ft then start looking have fun :anitongue:

if you ned more help just ask ill be on for a while

i have a 210 are you using a goto if you are then you should use the arrow and follow it till your in the genral area if your not using the goto you are really messing yourself up. go to the geocaching site find the coordinates for the cache your looking for hit mark on your gps and type in the coordinates naxt hit save then click goto and click the cache (or mark you just saved) then hit navigate until you get the compas and follow it until your close say 20ft then start looking have fun :anitongue:

if you ned more help just ask ill be on for a while

First READ instruction manual.....

As and experiment, find a know location, some thing simple like statue in park or water fountain or anything easily recognized... At that location waymark coordinate of object in GPS unit after letting unit "settle down" and stabilize coordinates.... Now just walk away..... Go short or long distance does not matter but long is better (several blocks would be great), now let GPS guide you back to object....

Lesson here is to teach you how GPS unit reacts as you navigate back to know object.... The main thing is to follow pointer in desired direction and pay attention to distance... Do this several times from different directions...

I'll bet it will bring you to within 15 feet or less of "target object" every time....

On a hunt, if you are within 15 feet of cache time to put GPS aside and go to visual (two eyeballs) mode....

Dale

Edited by Dale_Lynn

Very cool! Thanks for your help! Geo caching won't be so frustrating next time!

And don't forget you can interface your 210 with a PC and with the Geocaching software load coordinates into your device. Just don't do what I did when I first tried it: diconnect the device from the PC BEFORE shutting it off. I even read through the instructions and there was nothing on the proper procedure for what to do after you loaded coordinates into the 210. So after much grumbling and cursing and 4 tylenols later I figured it out and I've been having a blast with this device ever since.

Sometimes the GPS device does get you turned around though, but that's half the fun. :laughing:

I bought a Magellan and was frustrated with the inadequate users manual.So I got my money back and went to a local pawn shop and bought an old Garmin GPS 12. Put new batteries in it and 15 minutes later I was on the trail. Just my $0.02 worth. Garmin rules.

First time cachers, full of frustration. We wandered a cemetary for an hour and every time we thought we were getting close, the other coordinate was way off. Is there a secret? And is there a way to enter the cache coordinates in this GPS?

thanks!

I bought a Magellan and was frustrated with the inadequate users manual.So I got my money back and went to a local pawn shop and bought an old Garmin GPS 12. Put new batteries in it and 15 minutes later I was on the trail. Just my $0.02 worth. Garmin rules.

First time cachers, full of frustration. We wandered a cemetary for an hour and every time we thought we were getting close, the other coordinate was way off. Is there a secret? And is there a way to enter the cache coordinates in this GPS?

thanks!

I agree...the users manual could be better, but once I figured it out I have found the 400 Explorist I bought to be quite accurate and easy to use. However, I have never tried a Garmin, so who knows.

Maybe some day I will see what I am missing with the garmin vs magellan thing, but so far it has NOT been geoacaches!