Nanos

currykev

Here I am! Like micros, they have a place in caching. My physical by the Houses of Parliament would be too much of a security risk if it were bigger, and my Oxford ones are intended to add a bit of variety to caching in that well-micro'd city. They're ideal for crafty hids, as well as in-your-face ones. The only down side is the nano-logs soon fill up if people sign and date them rather than just leaving their initials!

Luv em....I am always confused why people keep moaning about things like lots of micros etc. I dont enjoy various types of caches so I don't bother doing them, but I wouldn't dream of moaning about them.

I have just got back from a quick night cache expedition in which I discovered what can only be described as a nano (or maybe even a pico) and it was just as much fun to find.

When all is said and done, the object is to find something hidden, whether it be an ammo box or a film container you are still looking for an object and hopefully apreciating the scenery around you.

Here I am! Like micros, they have a place in caching. My physical by the Houses of Parliament would be too much of a security risk if it were bigger, and my Oxford ones are intended to add a bit of variety to caching in that well-micro'd city. They're ideal for crafty hids, as well as in-your-face ones. The only down side is the nano-logs soon fill up if people sign and date them rather than just leaving their initials!

Your physical by the Houses of Parliament was bloody hard but was an excellent use of the nano. They have their place and can be great fun.

As always, there's a place for nanos (or smaller as this seemed to be) but in a lightly wooded area of the North Downs Way, in a fence post is not one of the best. An interesting find, but a regular could have definitely been hidden nearby.

Surely the point is to make it a harder find than just another plastic box in a gorse bush. :laughing:

As always, there's a place for nanos (or smaller as this seemed to be) but in a lightly wooded area of the North Downs Way, in a fence post is not one of the best. An interesting find, but a regular could have definitely been hidden nearby.

Surely the point is to make it a harder find than just another plastic box in a gorse bush. :cry:

I agree. I set a whole series of tupperware and it was difficult finding places for some of them where they would not be obvious to muggles. They were intended to be easy for families with small children, but were mostly found by adults who logged " a nice easy find!" albeit for some of them they had steep hills to climb or a search in a wood. I have now taken to fillling some gaps in the local caching area with some micros and my first nano. Some of those adults are now not so keen, it appears. :cry:

Some people just want the numbers, not the swaps. It's just for fun in the long run.The cost of setting tupperware can also work out expensive on a series.

I think a combination of all types in an area is healthy and there is something to please everyone. For a while all I could find were letterboxes and I thought this was sad for kids who had hiked up a mountain in serach of treasure. But the said kids didn't seem to mind very much and have enjoyed collecting impressions of the stamps, as I have.

Vive la difference